Discuss Secondary hot water T in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Lads.

I'm working on a large house and we need to tap into the secondary hot water pipe to extend it to the new part of the house. Silly question but I have never had to T in more than once and was checking this would be okay to do.

I would go back to where the secondary pump is and tee it in there with some lockshield gate valves on both so you can balance the system

remember it needs to be copper or mlcp and insulated

I would go back to where the secondary pump is and tee it in there with some lockshield gate valves on both so you can balance the system

remember it needs to be copper or mlcp and insulated

Not going to be able to get to the plant room, I was thinking of putting a gate valve on each Return if possible to balance it.
Yes aware of it needing to be mlcp or copper.

Thanks

keep them accessible and you should be fine also make a not down by the pump where the valves are

Reply to Secondary hot water T in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock