Search the forum,

Discuss Sds max in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Right then I am pricing a few jobs which will involve drilling through nice thick granite walls!

Now I have long ads drill bits that are long enough but after my last run in with these walls which pretty much killed me and my drill (4 1/2 hours to get 3 28mm through the wall) I have decided that I need to get a half decent sds max and drill bits including txt core bit for upto 5" (although I think knocking the wall down and rebuilding it would be a better option)

So what drills are half decent? I don't want to break the bank so Hilti are out of the question.

Also I am after long drill bits upto 30mm plus in diameter. I have seen them somewhere but can't remember where.

Yeah, as Ray quoted, you would be better off hiring a core set with drill from tool hire depot.

Yeah, as Ray quoted, you would be better off hiring a core set with drill from tool hire depot.

The amount of granite cottages down here it's not worth hiring one every time. Just to run a 22mm gas pipe through a house took 4 hours with a sds plus 30mm drill bit then a core bit and core drill as I can't get a long 30mm in sds+.

The amount of granite cottages down here it's not worth hiring one every time. Just to run a 22mm gas pipe through a house took 4 hours with a sds plus 30mm drill bit then a core bit and core drill as I can't get a long 30mm in sds+.

Funny you bring this up as I found this earlier in the week:

Professional SDS Plus Hammer Masonry Drill Bit 30mm x 1000mm - High Quality | eBay

First one I've found. SDS Max gets expensive, I priced a DeWalt one up recently at about £600 + VAT. 3 year warranty though on dewalt.

I saw a Bosch for about £400 the other day the only thing is I bought a cheap Bosch 24v and it was terrible.

I need to get one hiring isn't an option really as loads of the jobs down here involve granite cottages. I was hoping including bits to get around £1000-£1200 in total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sds max in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock