Search the forum,

Discuss Sds max in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Right then I am pricing a few jobs which will involve drilling through nice thick granite walls!

Now I have long ads drill bits that are long enough but after my last run in with these walls which pretty much killed me and my drill (4 1/2 hours to get 3 28mm through the wall) I have decided that I need to get a half decent sds max and drill bits including txt core bit for upto 5" (although I think knocking the wall down and rebuilding it would be a better option)

So what drills are half decent? I don't want to break the bank so Hilti are out of the question.

Also I am after long drill bits upto 30mm plus in diameter. I have seen them somewhere but can't remember where.

Yeah, as Ray quoted, you would be better off hiring a core set with drill from tool hire depot.

Yeah, as Ray quoted, you would be better off hiring a core set with drill from tool hire depot.

The amount of granite cottages down here it's not worth hiring one every time. Just to run a 22mm gas pipe through a house took 4 hours with a sds plus 30mm drill bit then a core bit and core drill as I can't get a long 30mm in sds+.

The amount of granite cottages down here it's not worth hiring one every time. Just to run a 22mm gas pipe through a house took 4 hours with a sds plus 30mm drill bit then a core bit and core drill as I can't get a long 30mm in sds+.

Funny you bring this up as I found this earlier in the week:

Professional SDS Plus Hammer Masonry Drill Bit 30mm x 1000mm - High Quality | eBay

First one I've found. SDS Max gets expensive, I priced a DeWalt one up recently at about £600 + VAT. 3 year warranty though on dewalt.

I saw a Bosch for about £400 the other day the only thing is I bought a cheap Bosch 24v and it was terrible.

I need to get one hiring isn't an option really as loads of the jobs down here involve granite cottages. I was hoping including bits to get around £1000-£1200 in total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sds max in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock