Discuss Sds cordless drill capable for all round plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Koogatubac

Hey guys, im after a cordless sds that will drill holes up to 1 1/2" if possible which is capable of doing its job. I called into a local power tool merchant, i was interested in the makita 18v but he said that if it does break we can tell that you have misused it (went other its 20mm or whatever guidelines) and it invalidates its warrenty.

Would prefer a cordless than corded. Please help guys!!! Thanks

I've got an 18v Makita SDS but it's only good for drilling small holes,It won't cope with anything bigger. I've not got a bigger cordless SDS,they're a lot more expensive and I'd rather just plug in my corded one.I don't do much site work however,so I can cope without it.

Thats good to know because i nearly bought the makita 18v today and would of proved that it was a bad investment. I do mostly site work atm, so its either drag the generator over and use corded sds or try to get battery 1 which would save alot of time! I dont think a battery sds is going to cope, please post more views on this matter guys! Thanks

the biggest SDS drill size they do is 30mm, anything bigger is SDS max, 1/12" is into core drill teritory, although i have been guilty of using my 24v makita to drill 5" core holes..... very slowly lol!.
Unless its a hole saw to drill wood, I Use my 18v dewalt to drill 50mm holes in wood no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you talking bout brick/concrete?
You would need pay some serious money for a cordless drill that will drill that will be anywhere near taking on that kind of work. 36V territory.
An 18V would be a waste of space.

Yea i thought that, yea its in concrete. Lol 5" with your makita im suprised it never blew! So it looks like cordless sds will not be a good option for sink/bath wastes etc, atm im using 18v combo makita which i use up to 32mm wood bits no problem, do you guys use impact drivers much by any chance?

i got a hilti te 72 32v cordless got it as an x demo with a 28mm sds masonary for doing prvs etc indestructable

seriously the only cordles sds to check out for large holes is the 36v bosch (2.8 jules) -
it can do 26mm in masonry, 30mm in wood plus upto 68mm core bit as well!!

This really is the bad boy of all drills, and just picked a cheap one up from toolstation who were selling it off. You have to get the £500+ version with 2.6ah batteries though, otherwise the impact energy is reduced dramatically!

Impact drivers are good, if you work in wood a lot anyhow!

Let us know what you get . . .

Yea that caught my eye, that does sound like a bad boy! I dont think im going to spend as much as over £500 for 1, but that looks like it would be the ideal sds! Ill have to keep checking around and mayb save up enough scrap copper/bonus to pay for it. Btw, i work for a company not self employed, the company will only pay for corded sds! Thanks every1 who has expressed their views! Really has helped me out

I use a small makita impact driver all the time clips boiler screws use it with a 10 mm socket for hanging rads once you get into the habit of using it there great unless your driving long screws into timber go for a small 12v one as its lighter and easier to get in to tight spots
you need a couple of the cheapest bit holder one short and one long the larger fancy snap in ones dont go inside a clip and ive found the flexi holder usefull as well
i bought a makita12v twin pack for under a hundred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sds cordless drill capable for all round plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock