Discuss Screwfix Sentinel filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Screwfix deal of day is Sentinel 22mm magnetic filter.
Think it is £69
Never used this type. Wonder are these any good?

Why don't you try it and review it for us.

Could be a good thing!

Buy 50 of them, charge 2 hours to install each of them, and in 6 months time tell us how you've wasted 4 hours on each of them due to faults.

Only being cynical!!

They're only cheap because they're crap, or because, they bought a shipload of them and they can't get rid of them.

I was hoping somebody had been the guinea pig and bought these filters in the past. :smile:
Good to hear views of plumbers rather than varying types of Screwfix reviewers.
I see it has 4 magnets, but I will give it a miss

Screwfix deal of day is Sentinel 22mm magnetic filter.
Think it is £69

Alternatively, you could buy the same product from us, and get a tub of X100 and a tub of X800 thrown in for just £59.95 + VAT :)

Feedback is still hard to come by. It needs a couple of years in the field before we will know.

[edit - not a "deal of the day" - this offer runs until Xmas]

Last edited by a moderator:
Alternatively, you could buy the same product from us, and get a tub of X100 and a tub of X800 thrown in for just £59.95 + VAT :)

Feedback is still hard to come by. It needs a couple of years in the field before we will know.

[edit - not a "deal of the day" - this offer runs until Xmas]

That is a real deal! I am sure some of these cheaper magnetic filters are decent

Seen one in screwfix for about 45 exc vat!! Flowpas or somethin, looked better than sentinel

I got a freebie sentinel filter before, cyclone i think it was called. Didnt like the look of it at all so never fitted it. 4 tiny magnets in it that arnt very strong.

From my experience in this game buy cheap tat and you get problems you only got yourself to blame.

Not good filters, as said the magnets are small, and they dont come right out for cleaning!! Not the best for splitting apart either. +1 for TF1's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Screwfix Sentinel filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Vaillant Ecofit boiler fitted into designer kitchen cupboard. No filter fitted. Boiler needs replacing type for type. No room to fit a magnetic...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need...
Replies
Views
Just had a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Ri fitted with the magnetic filter. When the system is running the boiler is so quiet but there is a...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the...
Replies
Views
I saw on a plumerparts posts comments that the gas engineer always used an inline filter on the gas line to the boiler due to debris. I’ve just...
Replies
Views
Back