Discuss Screwdriver sets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scotty plumber

What is everyone using? I fancy a new set as most of mine have grown legs and took a walk over the years! Any deals??

I've just picked up some Wera vde screwdrivers (from Amazon) - 7 pieces for £20. Mind you, these aren't going to be touching plaster, wood or anything except cotton wool packaging and electrical fittings.

I've just picked up some Wera vde screwdrivers (from Amazon) - 7 pieces for £20. Mind you, these aren't going to be touching plaster, wood or anything except cotton wool packaging and electrical fittings.
Hahaha I just bought a ck set, the apprentice gets a belt any time he goes near them..

ive stopped buying sets as they are usually at least two you never use find a god toolshop and buy individual ones as said varying them means you can see them easier

I've used a few different ones.

I've found these Stanley ones to be the best. The tips are made of quality material that doesn't damage the screw. Most importantly they've got nice comfy handles.

STA-5-65-426.jpg

Same as Steve. I've stopped buying sets as i have dozens of the ones i never use lying around in spare tool boxes. I just buy the sizes i need. I like lasertips for electrical (the tips still need grinding as they will wear). Have a couple of dextros, a couple of stanley with cabinet pattern handles, Still got my yankee as it is the best big flat blade screwdriver i have ever used. Also got a long through tang screwdriver for hitting with a hammer

Same as Steve. I've stopped buying sets as i have dozens of the ones i never use lying around in spare tool boxes. I just buy the sizes i need. I like lasertips for electrical (the tips still need grinding as they will wear). Have a couple of dextros, a couple of stanley with cabinet pattern handles, Still got my yankee as it is the best big flat blade screwdriver i have ever used. Also got a long through tang screwdriver for hitting with a hammer
Is the yankee the one where you push in and it rotates by itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Screwdriver sets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock