Discuss Screwdriver sets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scotty plumber

What is everyone using? I fancy a new set as most of mine have grown legs and took a walk over the years! Any deals??

I've just picked up some Wera vde screwdrivers (from Amazon) - 7 pieces for £20. Mind you, these aren't going to be touching plaster, wood or anything except cotton wool packaging and electrical fittings.

I've just picked up some Wera vde screwdrivers (from Amazon) - 7 pieces for £20. Mind you, these aren't going to be touching plaster, wood or anything except cotton wool packaging and electrical fittings.
Hahaha I just bought a ck set, the apprentice gets a belt any time he goes near them..

stanley fat max,faithfull or vera even bacho make drivers now

ive stopped buying sets as they are usually at least two you never use find a god toolshop and buy individual ones as said varying them means you can see them easier

I've used a few different ones.

I've found these Stanley ones to be the best. The tips are made of quality material that doesn't damage the screw. Most importantly they've got nice comfy handles.

STA-5-65-426.jpg

Same as Steve. I've stopped buying sets as i have dozens of the ones i never use lying around in spare tool boxes. I just buy the sizes i need. I like lasertips for electrical (the tips still need grinding as they will wear). Have a couple of dextros, a couple of stanley with cabinet pattern handles, Still got my yankee as it is the best big flat blade screwdriver i have ever used. Also got a long through tang screwdriver for hitting with a hammer

the apprentice gets a belt any time he goes near them..

What, one of those utility belts that hold all you tools handy whilst working?! That's one way of keeping the set all together! :wink_smile:

Same as Steve. I've stopped buying sets as i have dozens of the ones i never use lying around in spare tool boxes. I just buy the sizes i need. I like lasertips for electrical (the tips still need grinding as they will wear). Have a couple of dextros, a couple of stanley with cabinet pattern handles, Still got my yankee as it is the best big flat blade screwdriver i have ever used. Also got a long through tang screwdriver for hitting with a hammer
Is the yankee the one where you push in and it rotates by itself?

I've got a set of Wera laser tipped drivers which are good. I've also a couple of Stanley Fatmax, which are good!

Yes the Yankee is the baddest screwdriver on the planet. Bin your cordless and get a Stanley yankee
the yankee was the daddy before cordless now its outdated by about a million years still good has a flatblade though

I like the draper expert drivers for a number of reasons. Nice comfortable handles, good solid performance, and they're available individually really cheap from Stax, so i can replace when I need to. Best thing is they have coloured handles so easy to identify in the old toolbox.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I got a set of Wera chisel drivers the other day. They seem pretty good so far. They've got a decent grip on them and the bigger ones have a metal top so you can give them a whack with a hammer.

Just treated myself to a 9-piece stanley magnum set! I had a good clear out of my tool bag the other week so trying to freshen it up a bit!

The Yankee is good but you have to be careful you do not leave the bit in them, you can carelessly touch them and the spiral shoots out putting the bit in your eye. Also do not oil them, it makes them too fast, just light grease. They are next down from a cordless and they are cheap now.

Are there any good quality ones out there that I can run 55,000V through them? :56:
This should prevent them growing legs, and hopefully encourage the appi to make a nicer cuppa in the morning :bigear:
Oh, the plactic handle should not melt either

wera laser tips are quality but a few have gone missing so just bought cheap ones to replace

Worth keeping an eye on halfords, they do a offer every so often, free set of screwdrivers (Halfords pro) with every 5l of oil, I have a couple of sets in reserve ar the moment.

I use ck HD classic.
2 flats (1 strikethrough)
2 pozi
2 stumpy (flat, pozi)

And a twin set of Rothenberger 300mm flat/pozi

And a Bahco ratchet screwdriver with built in light and bit-holder. :smug2:

The Yankee is good but you have to be careful you do not leave the bit in them, you can carelessly touch them and the spiral shoots out putting the bit in your eye. Also do not oil them, it makes them too fast, just light grease.

Rub the spiral with a pencil. That is all it needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Screwdriver sets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock