Discuss Safety of shark bite type fittings in walls/ceilings in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have had a copper pipe shark bite fitting fail dramatically resulting in lots of damage. This was in a ceiling application and done 11 years ago. Do I need to remove the 2 other fittings that presently look ok? For some reason I can not up load picture , but fitting separated about 1 inch with ring of teeth hanging loose . I read something about electrolysis , etc . There are forums saying these fittings should only be short term and not used where hidden (like ceilings) while my local plumber says they are fine. Appreciate input

I think most would say they'd avoid hidding and certainly not burying any push fit fittings but somtimes you have no choice. I'd take it up with Sharkbite...

Reply to Safety of shark bite type fittings in walls/ceilings in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
I cannot get my shark bite fitting to fit over the white supposed to be a half inch copper T valve is it because it’s corroded just seem to be too thk
Replies
Views
Michael Eason
M
Hi. Have you had any problems with osmagold pipe fittings? If so it would be great to hear from you. Here's my experience of Osmagold. A year ago...
Replies
Views
Had a slow leak in a first floor bathroom toilet cistern, and it's probably been going for weeks. This is an ensuite that doesn't get used much...
Replies
Views
Welder
W
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views
R
I am fitting an overhead drench shower with a biggish shower head to come through the ceiling. (I have done a couple of other posts elsewhere...
Replies
Views
on31ll
O
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock