Discuss Running water main externally in a sleeve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Has anyone done this?

I need to get a supply from the kitchen to an unvented cylinder on the 1st floor. Only way really is out under the sink, around the sid of the building and up the wall into the airing cupboard.

What's the easiest way to run this pipe in a waste pipe insulated?

Cheers

I wouldn’t personally do it, whoever your water undertaker is might see it and pull it for breach of water regulations (think of undue warming).

You can get special ducts for it I’m guessing

Alk ?

How far?
May be run it inside a waste pipe as you suggest. Then build a plywood/timber box around it and squirt in some cans of expanding foam for insulation.
Or build a “box “ using thick celotex then an outer ply/timber box for physical and uv protection.
I did a similar thing on a freeby at the local pre-school.
We then topped it all off with a continuous bench made from decking offcuts from the same project - so it looked good and was useful too.

Thanks all. This is around a 20 metre run with 6 fittings. Not sure how I would put it in a waste pipe and with elbows etc. The insuduct is extremely expensive as well at £75 for 835mm which is big as it holds 3 x 35mm pipes.

Use the armaflex then

Reply to Running water main externally in a sleeve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Back