Discuss Rotten egg smell Vaillant ecotec 837 boiler - bacteria? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure this is not a natural gas smell? If you have concerns call the emergency gas service 0800111999 now and get them to make safe and call your gas safe registered engineer to carry out tightness test and full appliance check.

this is what i am thinking.

does the condensate pipe drain internally into a waste pipe?. it could be a loose connection.

I'll have to have a look tomorrow to make sure but i did check this and i think it does tap into a 1 1/4 waste pipe. The smell doesn't come from there though, it's a good 2-3m away from the boiler. It'll still be worth checking though, will let u know

Are you sure this is not a natural gas smell? If you have concerns call the emergency gas service 0800111999 now and get them to make safe and call your gas safe registered engineer to carry out tightness test and full appliance check.

It's not natural gas i'm sure. The guy who fitted it did come back out and tested it and couldn't find anything, not sure if he did a tightness test though but will find out.

it could be a light fitting or socket or something dead on a heating pipe perhaps

does the flue go through a cavity wall? could it be coming from the cavity if it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rotten egg smell Vaillant ecotec 837 boiler - bacteria? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Vaillant ecotec plus 831 (one with small circle buttons) and it has passed gas service not long ago. However, the problem I have is when...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I recently had an extension, new bathroom and new en-suite fitted. Prior to the works the hot water worked. Now we have moved...
Replies
Views
Hi, i hope someone can help with this situation. Over the last week I’ve noticed that when running hot water for a bath it stinks of rotten eggs...
Replies
Views
Rotten Cabbage Smell coming from boiler . This is the first time I’ve signed up or posted anything like this in my life time to a forum but I am...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I'm new to this forum and need some advice about some concerns about a new gas boiler that I have had fitted by a gas safe engineer...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock