Search the forum,

Discuss RoomStat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

darrenangel

Hi guys, I have a Drayton Digistat RF1 roomstat and a drayton SCR receiver. I keep losing comms between the two for no apparent reason. If I remove the roomstat from the hallway(current location) and take it upstairs into the bathroom it will re-establish comms, I can then put it back and it'll work fine for a few weeks, then the same thing happens again. Any ideas would be very welcome. No works have been carried out on the heating or wiring system and nothing has been placed between the 2 pieces of equipment. Thanks, Darren

have you gone nextdoor both sides to ask if they have similar stats? could be one acting against another.

there is only a neighbour on one side and i know they don't have central heating, thanks anyway.

Does anybody have anymore possible solutions to this problem. Thanks

Batterys
Just plain faulty

A source of interference that's not there all the time ,
wander round house with an old AM radio between stations . (day-time ,not in the evening)
Try it when things are working OK , then again next time its just "Lost Contact" .
It might be a computer ,with the case off , a mobile put too near receiver .
or something plugged into an iffy socket-or extension .

No guarantee that this is your problem

Sounds like an item used occasionally , Good luck

(Found a post on here--Wireless router too close)

Last edited:
Ghosts

Yea I had a potterton performa once that kept cutting out for no apparent reason, after changing the pcb etc still no luck, turned out in the end it was just a ghost.

In fact, I really love that excuse. May start using that.

In fact, I really love that excuse. May start using that.

You got to check the flux capacitor first

And check the velocity through the flange before you can be certain it's ghosts

"look love it seems your heat exchangers leaking ectoplasm, you'll need an immediate boiler replacement"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to RoomStat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot water dual channel receiver to an old Vaillant THERMOcompact VU GB 242/1 E system boiler. It has an internal programmer that is similar to a time switch 120 (plug in seven day programmer) This programmer is connect to a terminal strip using 345 (three...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock