Discuss riello 40 lockout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

richie1974

HI , i am looking for advice on a reillo 40 burner thats locking out,
when i turn it on the pump runs , vent opens , oil pump and solenoid( new ) work , it locks out sometimes fairly instantly other times after maybe 10 secs.

There is plenty of oil , a new pump and soleniod , new photocell and I dont think the burners is too old.
There is some oil at the end of the nozzle so i assume the oil is getting through its just not igniting.

So i am left thinking its one of the following electrodes, control box , oil pressure?

Any suggestions would be great.

Many Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forums!!

Not much left to try here ...!

I'm wondering about the capacitor.

havent tried it yet , wil have a look if i have a spare one , would be nice if it was that simple.

also i am not sure if i should hear a clicking noise of the electrodes trying to spark , i dont hear this if i should

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you had it serviced ??

Have the pressures checked. Filters checked. And FGA with smoke

Prob due for regular service parts

First of all you haven't told us what happens does the motor turn etc. Trial and error can be expensive, be methodical.first of all check you have fuel to the pump,check pump pressure, if there is no pressure the fault may be due to the drive dog or the pump or fuel not getting through,only then would you check further. If you pull the burner out slightly you can see if there is a spark or not if there isn't check the white wire from the motor for 50volts if you haven't got 50volts the motor is shot,if there is voltage it will be the control box.

hi , just checked the white wire , I got 50 volts at it, going to try replace the control box in the next day or two, thanks everyone for their help .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to riello 40 lockout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

got new oil and tried to start my reillo g3b oil burner ,when it idnt fire and went to lockout i bleed the pump and check the nozzle ,and...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
Hi My oil boiler keeps locking out after running for 30/40 minutes! I then try to reset it but it won’t fire back up! I have to leave it for...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, all new to this breakdown life, currently waiting on getting on a training course, so just been relying on technical and instructions...
Replies
Views
CJAY40
C
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock