Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Returning vanity unit purchased on ebay in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmonster

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi All,
Need some advice please.

Sorry to post this here but didn't want to on general...

I bought a basin vanity unit just before Christmas but only opened the box on Tuesday only find that the unit colour isn't "white". it's more of a pale cream.

I contacted the seller who said that iIshould have contacted them within 14 days but as my house is being renovated, i didn't think to check to see if the unit is ok. Anyway, I replied back saying that the unit is not as described and I consider it to be faulty.

They have agreed that i can send it back but I have to pay for postage.

where do i stand? can i request that they arrange collection or reimburse me for postage?

Normally i'm not fussed but if i was to install the unit, it just wouldn't go with the rest of the white furniture in the bathroom.

please advise.

vanityBasin.jpg Looks a lot worse than the photo.

If I'm honest mate they sound fairly reasonable taking it back outside of their 14 days. You could pour it on thick but it might be better just to bite the bullet

Yeah sounds fair to me. Just take the hit on the postage and put it down to experience.

Yeah you gotta take the hit...

There's plenty shades of white, that's looks like Matt & you have a gloss finish on the other one... But them all together from the same manufacturer

Yeah as above it fair to ask you to pay for postage as its out of there 14 days

That's the risk you take buying online, wouldn't be fair to expect the online merchant to pay for postage back because it doesn't match your other one!? Make sure you package it well as if its damaged your liable I guess!

Thanks all.
i'm just going to keep it. might come in handy....but yes, not going to buy from online...not worth the hassle of when things go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Returning vanity unit purchased on ebay in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock