Discuss Replacing stopcock, which size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am looking to change my stopcock to a 22mm version. I am currently getting everything ready for my unvented system and figured I'd get this done whilst I've got the floor up downstairs re piping the bottom central heating ring.

The plan is to run the pipe into the adjacent garage which runs parallel with the hallway, so that I can line off to the necessary 15mm pipes going upstairs, and run to where the unvented will be situated at the back of the garage.

I presume the blue pipe in the picture is a standard 22mm and I'll need and compression stopcock?

Thanks

One plumber I work with insists on upgrading to 22mm on mains pipe at least as far as boiler and kitchen, reckons it improves performance of showers etc when mains fed. And as you say, megaflo needs 22mm.

Thanks gas

This will be going to the boiler. My plumber also suggested 22mm hot upstairs to both showers for that very reason, which I've laid in wait...

I've decided to relocate the stop tap in the garage, couple metres into the house and much easier to get to. Assume no issues in resiting this?

Just need to work out how to turn the outside main off. Found the meter grate with a plastic tap like thing next to it. Seems to just turn on a spindle?

Any chance of a pic of the meter and said tap ?

And no problem other than digging up and moving the stop tap

Yes, I was thinking of an accumulator, that would help if someone ran a tap, shower, flushed the loo, or used washing machine at the same time as you were trying to have a shower. Replace 15mm pipes with 22 would ensure no restriction to flow. Worth a try.

Fraid not Shaun, not yet anyway... Just got on my sun lounger . I'll post one a week tomorrow :D

Stop tap currently comes up at side of downstairs waste toilet. So going to run 22mm into garage and mount a tap in there.

Cheers gas, Shaun had previously mentioned accumulator. That's now my primary choice with his recommended boiler, the Vaillant. Especially since seeing the lovely touch screen it comes equipped with.... Will probably save me buying two nest units for my duel circuits

Actually on reflection, I probably can't run duel circuits off the Viessmann (not Valliant)... I presume?

See below for picture of similar valve to mine

Screenshot_20170820-090407.png

Actually on reflection, I probably can't run duel circuits off the Viessmann (not Valliant). I presume?

See below for picture of similar valve to mine

View attachment 30666

Dual circuits

And just turn the tap off (like a normal stop tap)

Do you want them to be controlled from your phone or just stnd zones ?

Then you would need something like as you say hive/nest etc

I originally looked at hive.. it looks really good. I just think the nest is slightly more pleasing on the eye and more scalable with Google.... Nice tends to play to its own products from what I've seen.

What's your thoughts on them?

TBH it's what fits your needs and eco system

There all about the same, some will work with different software some won't

Without wanting to start a further thread...

Do you gents happen to know much about hot water loops? In regards to hot water reaching its destination faster and so using less water, wasting less of the cold in the loop that you'd ordinarily use in a normal hot water branch off.

I've done a bit of reading and can see that some countries use this a lot, especially where they suffer droughts. I'm obviously thinking of the hot water wait time, but like the idea of water save too.

As I'm fitting this new water main in the house, terminating at the new boiler site. I'm wondering if I should tap into the downstairs hot water to create a ring - I've already ran a new feed for upstairs - when that gets plumbed into the new boiler, we'll have the option to create a ring.

The reason I ask this is because I have read about some rings that feed the surplus cold water back into the tank for reheating which sounds a bit more complicated than what I am suggesting.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing stopcock, which size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock