Discuss Indirect 900 x 450 hot water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leoki

Hi all, following on from a recent question that i asked about hot water cylinders. I have to swap over an existing 450 x 900 cylinder with another of the same size. The only difference being the new cylinder is stainless steel as it was a good price and comes with a good warranty. The tappings are all 22mm compression. The tappings all coming with a brass olive and nut. I am always apprehensive when it comes to tightening the nuts on the tappings as overtightening could easily damage the cylinder.

If you put a piece of 22mm pipe into any of the tappings the depth from the stop in the fitting to the outer edge of the fitting is 22mm, a good deep fitting. I want to try and compress the olive onto the pipework a little before i fit it to the cylinder using other compression fittings that i have but they all seem to be about 14mm deep and no more.

Any tips please on the use of compression fittings on vented hot water cylinders please. I would prefer to get the pipework into the full insertion depth but have run out of ideas on how to slightly compress the olive to make the final fitting to the cylinder a little less awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Indirect 900 x 450 hot water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello, I am fitting new taps and a shower mixer in my en-suite and was looking to isolate the hot water pipes. I have an unvented indirect...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm blanking a couple of openings in a hot water cylinder. The Screwfix Flomasta 1" BSP plugs fit perfectly but no washer supplied or...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock