Discuss Replacement Home Boiler Required - Combi or Conventional (System)? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
As said you get what your given to a certain degree. The scheme offers free boilers and upgrade anything that is required under part L. Trvs and controls is about as far as it goes. The money is paid on the energy savings you could potentially make. Replacing your cylinder will not make a significant enough saving to warrant the work, although I'm sure you could pay for them to do it at the same time for a reasonable cost.

i wouldn't get to hung up about the cylinder, if required it can be replaced fairly simply at any point.

You have obviously satisfied the eligibility criteria for the eco funding so there is nothing to stop you shopping around as it were if you are offered a boiler you don't want. There is no guarantee you'll get what you want though as the funders normally enter an agreement with a boiler manufacturer before offering the funding out.

Out of interest, where are you?

As said you get what your given to a certain degree. The scheme offers free boilers and upgrade anything that is required under part L. Trvs and controls is about as far as it goes. The money is paid on the energy savings you could potentially make. Replacing your cylinder will not make a significant enough saving to warrant the work, although I'm sure you could pay for them to do it at the same time for a reasonable cost.

i wouldn't get to hung up about the cylinder, if required it can be replaced fairly simply at any point.

You have obviously satisfied the eligibility criteria for the eco funding so there is nothing to stop you shopping around as it were if you are offered a boiler you don't want. There is no guarantee you'll get what you want though as the funders normally enter an agreement with a boiler manufacturer before offering the funding out.

Out of interest, where are you?

Thank you for all your contribution so far.

The Surveyor also said that he would recommend that 3 gas radiators (we have 7 in the house) get replaced as they have pin holes. He said that this is on the list of "qualifying work," so should be pretty straight forward.

In terms of type of Boiler they are going to install, there seems to be a bit of confusion in regards to the make. The Technical Surveyor said that this will be down to Npower, and it is most likely they will authorise a Baxi Solo 15 HEA ( I though I heard him say 15 8EA, but only the former came up after internet search). When I rang and spoke to Npower they said that it will be the subcontractors (Technical Surveyor) who will recommend the make of the Boiler from the "list" of Boilers Npower have given them from the information the Technical Surveyor has. This list (I think 5 makes in total) includes Baxi, Vaillant and Worcester Bosch makes. Once I get more clarification on this, I'd like to get some input from you guys on what your thoughts are on the make they have recommended and plan to install, or if I am able to have a say on this (I'm sure if I write to the Hierarchy of Npower and the subcontractors with a strong case, they will take note), what make you guys would recommend.

To answer Nostrum's question, I live in East London, E1 postcode, close to the City of London.

Just an update.

Npower informed me today that they will be installing a Conventional Baxi Solo 18 HEA in our 3 bedroom terraced house, along with replacing 3 Gas Radiators, all free of charge as part of the Affordable Warmth Scheme. No installation date has been given yet.

Any thoughts on this boiler, especially bearing in mind we currently have a Conventional
Micron Glow-Worm 50FF, which we've had for at least 10 years?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement Home Boiler Required - Combi or Conventional (System)? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back