Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Replacement Cistern flush valves in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

My toilet flush valve is continually draining (the rubber seal has perished) . . . I'd be grateful if someone could give me a link to parts that will fit in there and replace the current valves?

Attachments

• IMG_0787.JPG
    IMG_0787.JPG
    476.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0790.JPG
    IMG_0790.JPG
    426.4 KB · Views: 23
its an old one, just buy a new drop valve, easy to fit .
I know it is an old one but would much appreciate a link to a new one that would take it's place. I've looked on-line and they all look different and it may be that any one or all of them would fit but I don't know?

Thanks for that link . . it is the rubber seal that has perished and it may be that simply replacing that would do the job . . . . are they a standard part / fit . . . . what is the white part in the pic in the link ?

Attachments

• IMG_0791.JPG
    IMG_0791.JPG
    198 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for that link . . it is the rubber seal that has perished and it may be that simply replacing that would do the job . . . . are they a standard part / fit . . . . what is the white part in the pic in the link ?

Which is the link I’ve supplied they’ve updated it to a silicon one due to the rubber failing over time

You have to remove the centre clip you can bust the old on as it comes with a new one etc

How to do it

Reply to Replacement Cistern flush valves in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have to replace the flush valve and/or the washer but unfortunately it's inside the vanity unit. The only way is removing the toilet. I...
Replies
Views
S
I have a cracked close coupled toilet cistern. It's an Armitage Shanks Tiffany 9776, which I believe has been discontinued. The water feed is on...
Replies
Views
ScotsLaddie
S
Toilet continuously flushing/cistern filling. This happens regardless of what else is going on within the house (videos were taken before and...
Replies
Views
I have a wall hung pan with a concealed cistern. The flush is the "old style" Grohe Eau2 dual flush pneumatic button. When pressed the flush valve...
Replies
Views
My Mother-in-law was quoted £1,000 by British Gas to do a power flush on her system as her rads aren't performing well. I was wondering, as 4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock