Search the forum,

Discuss Remeha Avanta 28C in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chrissyan

I live in North East England in Redcar and for 5 years now I have had a Remeha Avanta, the only problem being to actually find a plumber to install it 5 years ago. The warranty ran out on the boiler this month so after 5 trouble free years, it has started playing up. The pressure keeps dropping to 0 and when it is topped up it either drops down again to 0 or climbs to 3 or higher & starts to leak. This has been going on now for over a week.

There does not seem to be a plumber in the area who is not too busy or is willing to help us with this. Most say they have no idea what a Remeha is and seem to think that getting parts will be difficult!

We believe it may be an expansion pack that is needed and perhaps seals too.

My questions are:

1. How likely is the problem to be the expansion pack?

2. To save time, is there any reason why we cannot order the expansion pack & seals on line ourselves (we have already sourced them) and worry about a plumber later

3. How can we find a plumber in the Redcar area that will come & deal with this within the next week?

Please, please can some kind person give me some advice? :yes:

I would not keep topping the boiler up with water as a leak inside could damage other electrical components.

I don't know why your struggling to get someone out to it, most plumbers would definitely have heard of a remeha (although not necessarily for good)

I would personally get the plumber to diagnose and source parts as then its on him if they are wrong

easy fix for a decent engineer realy just a service could cure it but may need a part as its been going over pressure

Thanks a lot everyone. I now have a (reluctant) plumber who has ordered the expansion pack & seals and is coming out on Wednesday to fit.

Alex if I didn't keep topping it up, I would have had no heat or hot water for a week now and the plumbers around here really do know this boiler at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Remeha Avanta 28C in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am a homeowner and have a Valliant EcoTech 835 (2017). Serviced every year and worked like a treat until about a few months ago when I...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is losing pressure. It is about 5 years old Vaillant combi boiler, we have just had 2 vertical radiator...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock