Discuss Really badly choked up boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
CO was fine cant remember what it was and all paperwork is in the van down the road. I will get the readout out in the morning.

Last edited:
If the CO was good, you must have done a beautiful clean then, should have been a surgeon.

If the CO was good, you must have done a beautiful clean then, should have been a surgeon.

I couldnt be a surgeon I dont mind my own blood but others and I feel sick lol.

It was between 50 and 60 if I can remember right but I did leave it running for half hour before doing it. And I spent ages cleaning it as I always do so I hope it was a beautiful clean.

Keep the oil pressure at 8 bar, disconnect the snorkel if any doubt about it or flue, check the air damper inside the burner is actually opening when you turn the Allen bolt - many can be broken on RDBs. Be sure to tighten new nozzle up fully. (easy to forget)
Unlikely, but you can have a faulty new nozzle putting loads oil out.
Co2 will be fairly decent if you removed 99% of soot. Smoke pump will show yellow reading when setting good, until all soot is gone after a day or 2.
Maybe not in your boiler, but look out for a mouse nest inside snorkel or a dead mouse inside burner or other debris - only takes a minuscule bit of fluff in the narrowest, smallest points of the burners air intake to blast tube to reduce air by large amount.

Last edited:
As said check you have the right blast tube, the vortex can change how it burns.

Badly sooted i normally drop out a baffle or some of the spirals or springs in the condensing heat exchanger and set it lean. Then back after a week and sort it properly.

I also would put the air up a little to keep it on the safe side & let it clean itself out for a few days.
I still use a smoke pump just to reasure myself that it's not still running black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Really badly choked up boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Newbie here so feel free to teach me the etiquette of this place, and apologies for the lengthy opening post. The boiler started locking out...
Replies
Views
About 12 days ago attended a boiler lock out. Apparently another plumber was there a week before to and adjusted the photo cell. .. It is a grant...
Replies
Views
Hi all, came across this forum this looking for information on my sooting up kitchen type indoor Enviromax. I'm a retired electronics/maintenance...
Replies
Views
I have an old but good Trianco EuroStar 50-60 (S) oil fired boiler with a Riello RBL G5 BF burner which has been well maintained and regularly...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock