Discuss rated people in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i get bits and pieces from "findatrade" you can specified how many leads a week you want and edit it to what sort of work and where you want it, you do get time wasters but you can request a refund from them leads that are wasters, also "yell" is ok with the elderly as they st il use "yellow pages" and Poole and Bournemouth is full of them, Yell has just changed its name to HIBU so cant see it being all that for much longer .
Mark

Service magic just bombard you with emails which I found to be absolute rubbish and Rated People were completely useless.
Not a single enquiry from Rated people in 2 months. They told me I'd had 300 people look for me on their site. It was down to how many clicks on their website which I think is just a crock of ****. When I asked sales guy at rated people why no enquiries he had no answer and said this had never happened to them before.
Didn't have a single job from them only phone calls bugging me to take more advertising.

Do yourself a favour and steer clear of both.

Hi , I am a gas engineer/plumber and I use to have a tradesman account with Rated People for last 2 years. I used to pay £40 per each 3 months + price for each lead. Last one year I did not buy any leads from them because I have enough job to do but continued to pay them £40 for each 3 months.
Just now before Xmas'2013 I paid £51.20 for a lead 'combi boiler replacement'. They sent me contact details of the client. I contact the client and ask him for available day and time to visit the property, to check the system and be able to give him a quote. Client said that access is not possible at first . On second call he told me that job is not more available , his council is going to do the job. I call back Rated People and ask my £51.20 for this lead to be given back as a credit. They told me that the amount can not be given back and they changed their policy since 11.12.2013 and there is not any more 'refund policy'. I can not describe to you my RAGE. I closed my account with them. They do not do any thing just sell contact details of the client to 3 tradesman and finish. No one care for the client and the tradesman. Clients does not lose anything but we as a tradesman losing money.

I had a company on the phone today wanting £150 for six month's worth of lead's lol and surprise surprise they needed another engineer in my postcode as they did not have enough to cope with the work workload lol. These companies are just Leach's / salesmen I tell all of them that I am more than happy for me to pay them if I get the work but not for possible work as that does not pay my bills but hey ho non of them are interested in that lol.

Hi , I am a gas engineer/plumber and I use to have a tradesman account with Rated People for last 2 years. I used to pay £40 per each 3 months + price for each lead. Last one year I did not buy any leads from them because I have enough job to do but continued to pay them £40 for each 3 months.
Just now before Xmas'2013 I paid £51.20 for a lead 'combi boiler replacement'. They sent me contact details of the client. I contact the client and ask him for available day and time to visit the property, to check the system and be able to give him a quote. Client said that access is not possible at first . On second call he told me that job is not more available , his council is going to do the job. I call back Rated People and ask my £51.20 for this lead to be given back as a credit. They told me that the amount can not be given back and they changed their policy since 11.12.2013 and there is not any more 'refund policy'. I can not describe to you my RAGE. I closed my account with them. They do not do any thing just sell contact details of the client to 3 tradesman and finish. No one care for the client and the tradesman. Clients does not lose anything but we as a tradesman losing money.

My experience is exactly the same mate. There just middlemen doing everything they can to make money for nothing. To those who have not fallen foul already, steer well clear.

Last edited:
done a two month trial on rated people its a race to the bottom price wise ending my trial which speaks volumes

Put a few oil boiler services on ebay at a fixed price (excluding parts other than a nozzle) and got a couple of customers that way. I find that its good to try a few different things for advertising rather than heaping all your eggs in one basket. The rated people type sites only enable people using them to haggle tradesmen down to rock bottom prices which are barely worth getting out of bed for.

I noticed them squeaking that announcement last month, it's a pretty snakey move :(

As said above they are all r se holes. I'm starting one up but it's going to be much better....

I get the job for you, get the custard to pay you top whack, then when it's all done and everyone is happy you send me £50? On a handshake obviously.

Hope this business model takes off?

As said above they are all r se holes. I'm starting one up but it's going to be much better....

I get the job for you, get the custard to pay you top whack, then when it's all done and everyone is happy you send me £50? On a handshake obviously.

Hope this business model takes off?

Count me in big boy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to rated people in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Has anyone one fit or serviced one of these before; Heatrae Sadia 25l 9004010. It a 25 litre hot water storage cylinder.
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, does anyone know why the water only fills 1/3 of the way please?
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock