Discuss Radiators Cold in Back Half of Bungalow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I'm looking for some advice on my heating.

We live in a 3 bedroom bungalow with the main two bedrooms at the back of the house.
All the radiators in the rooms at the front of the house seem to work fine but as you travel back into the house they get colder and colder, until you reach the back room where they're barely on at all.

Having done my own bit of research it seemed like the problem could be solved by taking a look at the Lock Shield and attempting to rebalance the system.
But after taking a closer look at my radiators I couldn't find anything resembling a Lock Shield.
I've attached an image of both ends of the radiator...

Side Note: I did take a look under to temp control to see if that had got stuck but that was working fine.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_20181220_171214.jpg

IMG_20181220_171237.jpg

We moved in a couple of months ago and its been an issue since day one. Only just got round to sorting the issue.

The house had been left vacant for a good few months before we purchased the property though.

2nd photo is lockshield. Look for croppies balancing thread.
You could also take off the trv heads and let the heat in properly...trv are rubbish intermediate tech. Fail,often
Are expensive and only sold by installers and merchants to make more profit . A properly
Balanced heating system will be way better and more efficient

Centralheatking

We moved in a couple of months ago and its been an issue since day one. Only just got round to sorting the issue.

The house had been left vacant for a good few months before we purchased the property though.

So you have inherited the problem , great , not !!
Try turning off the rads that work and see if the other rads that dont , warm up .
As for the comment above about TRV’s please just ignore it .

So you have inherited the problem , great , not !!
Try turning off the rads that work and see if the other rads that dont , warm up .
As for the comment above about TRV’s please just ignore it .
Ok we will agree to,differ my friend ...it’s a technical and commercial,matter and I like this engineer ..trv are rubbish !

Thanks. I'll try that.
By turning them off do you mean with the TRVs or via the lockshield?
If I need to shut the lockshield off I assume I need to turn this part at the top?

IMG_20181220_171237B.jpg

Thanks. I'll try that.
By turning them off do you mean with the TRVs or via the lockshield?
If I need to shut the lockshield off I assume I need to turn this part at the top?

View attachment 36015

No just trvs don't touch lockshields , also take off the trvs ( for the moment) in the rooms that dont heat . Carefully push the pins under the trys to check they arent seized.

Reply to Radiators Cold in Back Half of Bungalow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock