Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator replacement in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now.

My son recently moved into a house which has cellar within which is a radiator which is part of the central heating system. The rad looks old, rusty and horrible as does the TRV (although it works) and the lock shield valve. I therefore intend to replace the rad, TRV and lockshield at the same time as the boiler is being replaced. My issue is as follows - the existing rad measures 952mm wide by 736mm high using the approved method of radiator measurement. Very odd dimensions which makes me wonder whether it is an imperial radiator. My question is if I got a radiator 900mm wide could I use a extender piece to compensate. Any thoughts and/or advice welcome.

900x 600 k2 with a rad extension eg Tesla 1/2" BSP Male Taper x 15mm Compression Rigid TRV Extension Piece 100mm Chrome - Screwfix - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/tesla-1-2-bsp-male-taper-x-15mm-compression-rigid-trv-extension-piece-100mm-chrome/599hf

For the trv side

Here is a photograph to peruse.

Attachments

• P1020547.JPG
    P1020547.JPG
    307.2 KB · Views: 13

Reply to Radiator replacement in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock