Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jaybird

Good evening,

i was wondering if i could get some advice.

basically i have some kitchen units going in against a wall, which currently has a really short but long radiator on it. i had planned to turn off the heating system, fit two freezing collars around the pipes cut and removed old radiator with TRV shut, then install two compressoion fit 1/4 turn valves an extend the pipe ( with cap ends) further along to where i need to install a new radiator a little later. When i've done this alteration, do i need to have to 90 degree elbows and close the loop that i've made or is it still ok to run the system with both pipes terminate and valves closed?

i have a sealed system, with a new boiler which has been installed (stupildy would have been good to have done this whilst the system was drained, but forgot!!), problem is its had inhibitor installed, and i dont want it to litterally go down the drain. im sure i will more than likley need to close the filling loop to restore the pressure again.

does any of this sound ok?

would really appreciate any advise or helpful tips

Cheers in advance

yes thats fine but remove the valves (think thats what you said ) one thing i will say make sure there is no flow through the pipes when freezing as it wont freeze and test via the air tap to see if the water stops

Please register with us to receive additional answers to your question or any other questions in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock