Discuss Quick question regarding difference in pay in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sfc

Have only been on a pay monthly basis since I was 16. I'm now moving onto 6 months of 'price work'. Can someone give me a brief explanation of how this works? Much appreciated thank you

and people are supprised of the poor quality of the new build house's built today. when you pay tradesmen 1 days money for work that should be done in 2 to 3 days what can you expect.

if i was to buy a new build id hire a builder/clarke of my own to do visits during its construction and report any issues. Ive been on a wimpy homes job where the new home owner has brought his uncle with him to do an snagg 2 weeks before the handover and the uncle was a builder. The site agent was so embarrassed when they went through the property. A total of over 5 A4 pages of snaggs and all the walls had been covered in pencil brought by the uncle to highlight the faults in the walls etc.....

it took about 3 weeks to put it right.

Last edited:
Shouldn't use pencil to mark on the walls for defects, painters reckon paint doesn't go over it well. You should just use a bit of copper tube :)

Fast doesn't have to mean rough. Obviously helps if using plastic pipe for first fix but I was on a new build site leading up to Xmas last year and I was clearing a grand most weeks, never less than £800 take home and most days didn't work past 3. Was too dark lol

I was on price work for about 4 years. I was the only person on my firm on price at one point but got fed up of gear not coming out and asked to go back on daywork with a pay rise, they said no. I quit, phone call next day saying they will pay me what I'm after. These were the pricespiece of sanitary £15
bath£15
boiler £35
combi£50
unvented cylinder £65
rad £6
pressure test £25
commision£20
kitchen sink £24
downspout £5
gutter a house £15
soilpipe £15
gas hob £10
connect gas meter £5
most first fixes were 3 bed and for a combi first fix we'd get about £210, north west area. I was/am rapid but i had to be with those prices. A lot of the problem was there were many little jobs that we didn't get a price for, which did my head in. I used to enjoy it as well. I actually enjoyed breaking my back, the day flew by. Nowadays i chill out haha

That's part of the reason I love working hard on price, you know you've actually early your money, done a good days work and it makes the day fly past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quick question regarding difference in pay in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back