Search the forum,

Discuss quality in the oil nowadays in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello everyone, I've had a few customers that have had to replace the oil pumps. This could be due to the quality of the oil you get nowadays. Cause I heard the oil is slightly diffrent and is a shall we say cheaper made and has damaged the oil pumps.
i can't remember where I read this but can you guys give me your experiences on this.

thank you

I heard that it is our kerosine refined in the UK.
Low sulphur, or something like that I heard.
But the real problem is poor quality pumps. The Riello oil pumps always were a bit weak inside. Danfoss would go for often 20 years.
Got to be careful about water and dirt in the oil line, oil filters and oil tank. Use a paper element oil filter and flush oil lines when you can.

Here is an example of how the Riello pump wears. This one was fairly new I think, but look at the drive pin which has actually cut a track in the first gear. Needs the gears to be removed to see it all.

image.jpg

sulphur issue, bit like taking lead out of petrol no lubrication left. the old agas hate low sulphur fuel clag up really quickly

Our local plumb center has a letter from danfoss on display. It notes danfoss have tested the oil in our area and have decided that the oil needs additive or siezed pumps would not be covered in any warranty!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to quality in the oil nowadays in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not been serviced in a long time and oil filters were bunged up as was the nozzle. I decided to service it with hopes it was simple starving of fuel from...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing a rather complex situation and I need your expert advice. My neighbor and I share a boiler for hot water, and we have a single recirculation pump serving both of our homes. However, after the pump, the recirculation circuit splits into two separate branches, each...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Just looking for a bit of advice really. last week we had our carbon monoxide alarm go off upstairs. We have 2 alarms in the house, the other one (downstairs) gave a leak flow history of 17PPM So I got someone in from British Gas, he did lots of combustion and air quality checks...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are on 15mm pipework, the rest are on 10mm. its powered by a Grundfos ups3 pump. the boiler is an 18kw heat only boiler. There are two radiators mainly...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm new here! I've bought my first house - needs a fair bit of work doing to it, including the plumbing. I'm keen to do stuff myself rather than getting contractors in, wherever possible, not just for cost, but also because I want to learn (a useful life skill surely!) I'll...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock