Search the forum,

Discuss Qualified Gas Engineers needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
re-read the post properly and do as it suggest's.

send a personal message to helen.

thank you.

Like redsaw said you dont post here just email Helen or check the BG website

Hi Helen
I have been looking to do an apprenticeship after working as a fencer for the last 4 years, time for a change- i live in carterton right next to the cotswolds, and I have a full driving license. could you please let me know how and where I apply for an apprenticeship. thankyou!
mike

Hi Helen
I have been looking to do an apprenticeship after working as a fencer for the last 4 years, time for a change- i live in carterton right next to the cotswolds, and I have a full driving license. could you please let me know how and where I apply for an apprenticeship. thankyou!
mike

You've accidentally replied to me and not Helen. Go to one of her threads and click on reply.

Good luck fella

I havent read the whole thread just the initial page.

FWIW here are my views...

I left school and trained with the then mighty British Gas corporation before it was flogged off.

It was the best training available and a great company to be part of.

By the time i left, i had had enough.

I was flogged to death by their half witted and poorly contrived bonus schemes.

There was insufficient time to fault find and do repairs first time on appliance/combi faults

Servicing had been reduced to waggling a flue sampler in the flue outlet

There was no recognition of technical ability and people just got jobs/were promoted simply because they were the bosses favourite or had been there longer.

Whilst i flogged my tripe out fitting traditional heating systems,others were allowed to skive the day away and get paid more than me.

Ask yourself this Helen,why is it you need to recruit? Answer..because there is such a high turnover of engineers that you need to keep replacing them. What you need to do is tell your managers that they need to recruit the best,give them room to breathe and practice their skills to provide excellent customer service and show them some respect instead of just viewing them as untrustworthy two legged tool bags.

By the way, oyu used the term Engineer. Do you mean that in its broadest sense or are you seeking those with the necessary qualifications and experience as to be registered with the Engineering Council or via an industry body such as IGEM?

Last edited:
You've accidentally replied to me (billychuff) and not Helen. Go to one of her threads and click on reply.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by REDSAW
re-read the post properly and do as it suggest's.

send a personal message to helen.

thank you.

Like redsaw said you dont post here just email Helen"

So is the change in direction a direct result to rumours going round the industry that all new builds after 2016 will not be allowed to have gas supplies, not sure if you can help with a clarification on that

Isnt it actually that 'new build' have to be carbon neutral by 2016 and fully electric by 2020.

Fully electric? Where did you see that?

New build to be all electric, no gas. Government pledge for building regs for 2020. Confirmed at a seminar this month run by Worcester Bosch. Remember new build only so still lots of existing gas boilers there for us guys.

New build to be all electric, no gas. Government pledge for building regs for 2020. Confirmed at a seminar this month run by Worcester Bosch. Remember new build only so still lots of existing gas boilers there for us guys.

Retrofitting gas into all the new builds. Back to the 70's :lol:

I havent read the whole thread just the initial page.

FWIW here are my views...

I left school and trained with the then mighty British Gas corporation before it was flogged off.

It was the best training available and a great company to be part of.

By the time i left, i had had enough.

I was flogged to death by their half witted and poorly contrived bonus schemes.

There was insufficient time to fault find and do repairs first time on appliance/combi faults

Servicing had been reduced to waggling a flue sampler in the flue outlet

There was no recognition of technical ability and people just got jobs/were promoted simply because they were the bosses favourite or had been there longer.

Whilst i flogged my tripe out fitting traditional heating systems,others were allowed to skive the day away and get paid more than me.

Ask yourself this Helen,why is it you need to recruit? Answer..because there is such a high turnover of engineers that you need to keep replacing them. What you need to do is tell your managers that they need to recruit the best,give them room to breathe and practice their skills to provide excellent customer service and show them some respect instead of just viewing them as untrustworthy two legged tool bags.

By the way, oyu used the term Engineer. Do you mean that in its broadest sense or are you seeking those with the necessary qualifications and experience as to be registered with the Engineering Council or via an industry body such as IGEM?

Ditto..........:yesnod:

If, as has been said, all new builds are to be electric only by 2020, unless the technology takes a huge leap or they make electric cheaper than gas there will be a big demand to fit gas to these houses. Houses in the 70's and early 80's were built with no gas heating. Within months of people moving in they were having gas installed.
I can't ever see the government banning having a gas supply so people will have it installed after they move in.

Hi Helen

is there any jobs still going in the Gloucester area i live in bristol and work for carillion installing 2/3 heating systems/boilers a week with in the south west been working for them for about a year without any sick days or time off though illness.
please could you let me know either way
many thanks
darrenbea

Hi Helen

I am new to this forum, how do I contact you ref gas engineering jobs...?

Hi Helen

is there any jobs still going in the Gloucester area i live in bristol and work for carillion installing 2/3 heating systems/boilers a week with in the south west been working for them for about a year without any sick days or time off though illness.
please could you let me know either way
many thanks
darrenbea

Why would you leave Carillion to join BG ?

Not recruiting at the moment and I have it on good authority that this will only be reviewed after the winter. Just let all their contractors go so don't hold your breath.

you will have to private message helen to find out, dont post requests here

Hi Helen
I have just passed my gas exams and now seeking full time employment to further my career in gas. I live in South East London. Do you know if you have any vacancies in this area. Would love to work for a big company. I am willing to work as a mate to gain more experience.
Thanks
Steve

Hi Helen
Are you looking for Gas Enginners in Yorkshire.
Im ex Royal Navy qualified ACs 6 months ago was working for a heating company but got laid off as they didnt have enough work.
Thanks
Regards
jason

Hi,

We are not recruiting for permanent Gas Engineers at the moment, however we do have some opportunities for Contractors. If you go to www.britishgasjobs.co.uk and search for roles using your postcode, you will be able to apply for your local area, then our recruitment team will contact you when there is work available. Most of our permanent recruitment this year will be for our Electrical Services division, and for Dyno-Rod, so we are taking on qualified Plumbers with NVQ Level 2 in some areas. Again you can check the website to see whether we have local roles, and to set up a Job Alert. I hope that helps.

Hi Helen
Are you looking for Gas Enginners in Yorkshire.
Im ex Royal Navy qualified ACs 6 months ago was working for a heating company but got laid off as they didnt have enough work.
Thanks
Regards
jason

sorry Jason but you have sent this message to me by mistake

WTF whislt i have enjoyed reading this thread how many times has red saw and others re iterated message helen by pm jesus it's not rocket science.

On a personal note i love Bg there quotes for boilers are ace it gets me so much work.
and why wouldnt anyone at that kind of money wouldnt want to work for bg it's a good crack not for everyone i agree but then being self employed isnt a doddle and the kerching pockets of cash that everyone makes it out to be,
personally myself i like my relaxed attitude to starting times unless its a big job but thats me.

Relaxed attitude to starting times.....LOL. Not a morning person either by any chance??

I struggle so much to get to work for 8. Problem is I have blokes working for me and have to at least try. Doesn't look good rocking in at 9am when everyone else has started!

I'd much rather work 9.30 - 6.30.

hate the fact i have to get up more so because i'm not an early evening in bed person either which makes it worse
definetly 9.00 - 9.30 starts when i can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

British Gas are recruiting again for Technical Engineers, in locations across the UK. We are offering a relocation package to qualified engineers who will consider moving to Aberdeen. Otherwise, work is field based around your local area. The jobs have opened today in a number of locations, and more are due to open in the near future. To apply, or register your interest for future jobs, please follow this link to the job description on our website.
British Gas Jobs - Find a job - Your applications - Your application

I am out of the office for the next couple of weeks so will not be able to apply to the thread or PMs, but I hope this is of interest to some of you.

Thanks

Hi,

British Gas are recruiting again for Technical Engineers, in locations across the UK. We are offering a relocation package to qualified engineers who will consider moving to Aberdeen. Otherwise, work is field based around your local area. The jobs have opened today in a number of locations, and more are due to open in the near future. To apply, or register your interest for future jobs, please follow this link to the job description on our website.
British Gas Jobs - Find a job - Your applications - Your application

I am out of the office for the next couple of weeks so will not be able to apply to the thread or PMs, but I hope this is of interest to some of you.

Thanks

Yeah, I applied for one, Thought I would have been able to go back and review my answers on some of the questions so just ticked any old box on a couple that I wanted to think over further and go back to and then realised I couldn't so i guess I messed up there and you won't be calling me! any chance you can delete the knowledge test and let me do it again please?

It was a part time contractors application.

Cheers!

Hi everyone, I work for the recruitment team at British Gas, and would like to hear from anyone who would consider working as a permanent domestic Gas Engineer. We are recruiting in various areas of the country, but especially have urgent requirements in the following areas:
Grimsby
Leamington
Stratford
Warwick
Birmingham
Solihull
Gloucester
Worcester
Kidderminster
Northampton
Coventry

We offer fantastic job security, benefits and career progression, and are looking for people who hold full ACS as well as City & Guilds / NVQ or equivalent. I am happy to speak to anyone who is genuinely interested! Please reply or send a private message.
Many thanks
Helen

Hi there my names Simon Dunn I'm currently sub-contracting from OCO Limited (Kent) but due to lack of work I'm seeking immediate start sub-contact work. Do you have any opportunities local to Sidcup (Kent). I'm fully Gas Safe registered with 7 years experience and great references. I have my own van, tools and insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Qualified Gas Engineers needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock