Search the forum,

Discuss Qualified Gas Engineers needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Yes the renewable energy market will be a huge focus for BG over the coming years. Before I joined the organisation I had no idea how much research and investment is being put into making renewable / sustainable sources a viable option for customers. Our Smart Energy Experts are helping to roll these out to homes across the UK - this is yet another career path for people looking to join the business who may want to do something different from the traditional gas and energy routes.

So is the change in direction a direct result to rumours going round the industry that all new builds after 2016 will not be allowed to have gas supplies, not sure if you can help with a clarification on that

According to our service managers that is just a rumour. Looking to the future, we need to diversify the business to remain competitive across the whole energy spectrum, as well as ensuring we're doing our best to be environmentally conscious.

Just out of interest whos heatpumps have your smart energy managers chosen for cool planet to install the reason I ask is there is a lot of stuff out there that is not fit for purpose and I include some MCS accredited products

Hi Helen

Thank you for your response. So with pension, bonuses, overtime and a supplied Van this could easily equate to around 45 to 60 grand a year potentialy, Nice package.
Out of Interest Is BG getting in to the renewables market as well for off grid customers. I have done a quick search on the MCS data base and I see that BG are trading as Cool Planet

Regards

Mike

As an engineer i used to get around 40k per year and then there is all the other extras as well as posted.......

Re: Qualified Gas Engineers needed whats the pay scale /rates,have nvqs gas safe heat

Hi everyone, I work for the recruitment team at British Gas, and would like to hear from anyone who would consider working as a permanent domestic Gas Engineer. We are recruiting in various areas of the country, but especially have urgent requirements in the following areas:
Grimsby
Leamington
Stratford
Warwick
Birmingham
Solihull
Gloucester
Worcester
Kidderminster
Northampton
Coventry

We offer fantastic job security, benefits and career progression, and are looking for people who hold full ACS as well as City & Guilds / NVQ or equivalent. I am happy to speak to anyone who is genuinely interested! Please reply or send a private message.
Many thanks
Helen
whats the going rates i have nvqs.city guilds,plumbing, gas quals,oil trained, heatas,many manufacturers trainining courses, health safety certificates, but find it difficult getting employed...over qualified perhaps but could be interested email me application

Re: Qualified Gas Engineers needed whats the pay scale /rates,have nvqs gas safe heat

Hello,
If you check back a page, you can see the salary and benefits package. Qualifications wise, we look for full domestic ACS and NVQ Level 2 in domestic gas maintenance. I'll send you a PM, asht.

Hi Helen, i am also interested. Could you also give me some details of how to apply. Thank you.

Hi,
Out of interest, are there any vacancies for trainees or apprentices and if so, whats BG's policy on age in respect of these?
many thanks

Hi,
We are looking for trainees and apprentices in several areas of the country at the moment. The scheme is open to people aged 16 and over, but we find that people of any age apply and are successful. The roles are diverse, including service and repair and smart metering. Please don't let age put you off applying!

Hi Helen
I would love to work for British Gas and willing to do what it takes to work for the company. Im doin a 10 week course with E-ON soon to get my ACS Qualification. I also have an NVQ Level 1 in Plumbing which I achieved at college 8 years ago and a little on the job experience. Would I be given an apprenticeship with BG with these qualifications. Could you please get back to me at [email protected]

Many thanks

Dean Aston

hi i'm interested in working for bg email a link or phone number cheers

Hi Helen,
I passed all my GasSafe exams 4 weeks ago and have an NVQ level 2 (6219). I've mainly been installing bathrooms but are now moving into boilers. I am in Essex.
Please can you reply to this thread if this thread interests you.
Sorry i can't put my email up, but, if my boss see's it, i'll be in the mire :)

Hi helen could u email me your email address and I will send u details or why I have done and doing. I would love the chance to work for bg. My email is [email protected]

Truemanufan, you replied to me, Billychuff, who sent the thread before yours, not Helen. If you go to actual box thread that Helen has written, and click reply on that one, you will go directly to her.

Good luck

billychuff the 6219 is not a nvq it is a technical certificate.

Oops. Thanks for that Steve. I should have said I had it converted to an nvq on site

Sorry Helen should have said that I converted the 6219 to an NVQ on site. Sorry about that

Hi Billy, I'll send you a pm.

Hi Helen

I sent you a pm last week but haven't heard back from you.

Can I ask about the apprenticeships also please?

Thanks.

hi helen, im a gas engineer in the manchester area and im interested in your vacancy. i have full acs with 12 years service experience, please could you email me back

Hi Helen, I am just wondering is there is any openings in Essex as I have been Gas Safe Registered for a year and also have been a qualified plumber(NVQ level 2) for nine years.
Thank you
Derren Mcphail

Hiya Helen, you dont have any positions in the Blackpool or Preston area do you ?

re-read the post properly and do as it suggest's.

send a personal message to helen.

thank you.

Good morning Helen I appreciate the thread for engineers was posted a few weeks ago, do you have any positions left for the Glouster region?

Regards

Jay Chamberlain

Hello Jay,

Yes we do still need people - you will need to log on to www.britishgasjobs.co.uk, and search for the vacancy using your postcode. If you are in the right area, the role will come up and allow you to apply. Please send me a pm if you would like any further info.

Good Luck!!!

hi iam about 35mins away from grimsby seeking gas work please get in contact,im gassafe,insurance,van ,tools 26yrs experiance thanks

BG have no work in that area. I have asked for the last 9 months from east coat to west coast, same reply and i have done the induction recently and also worked for them before...............countries in the mire mate.

Hi Helen BG

How about BG employing me to keep an eye on yer engineers sales tactics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi I would be interested I hold all the relevant qualifications but live in Stockport (just outside of Manchester ) ???

hi there,

i am intrested in working for british gas i live in liverpool i an nvq level 2 qualified and i have my acs ccn1, cen/wat1 and cpa1 booked on dates throughout this month please feel free to contact me further either by pm or email [email protected].

many thanks

andrew brennan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Qualified Gas Engineers needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock