Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss pushfit - which brand? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wally5460

hello all, just wanted your opinions on which brand of push fit fittings are best from your own experiences? ive not used them a great deal, my two local suppliers are screwfix and toolstation but ive been advised not to use the jg speedfit that screwfix sell and am not sure about toolstations?

Don't know who told you not to use JG Speedfit they are one of the easiest, less parts and most reliable . I have not ever had a problem with them ! :)

you listern too to many people's advice make your own mind up everyone has different views.

if they weren't any good they wouldn't sell them.

Depends on where you want to use them. Hep2o and speedfit are fairly ugly but if used as recommended are fine.

Yorshire tectite are much better looking.

The problem comes when fittings are used for purposes they aren't designed for. A couple of years ago i changed a boiler in a property. All was fine until later that evening when a pipe burst and brought the hall ceiling down. Investigation revealed that a former "plumber" had used a couple of speedfit isolating valves to cap off some pipes prior to fitting a new radiator. The valves were rated for domestic hot water but not heating. The new boiler was working at a higher temp than the old one and the iso valves split.

Mike

Personally i found JG to be the best form of "push-fit" however where possible use straight length of pipe as opposed to coils.
Reason for this is sometimes the pipe which has been coiled can slighly mis-shape resulting in a small weep past the "o" ring of a fitting.

Also free corporate outings to the BTCC each year. Cant be bad for us petrol heads lol

Obviously the coils tend to be better value but be wary of the mis-shape issue.

Also a few year ago there was an issue with hep2o pipe splitting under the slightest heat, since then ive never used the pipe although the fittings are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pushfit - which brand? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock