Currently reading:
Push fit brands

Discuss Push fit brands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryan LPS

Had a discussion tonight down the pub about push fit brands and mixing I said I'm pretty sure your allowed to mix say hep2o fittings with poly plumb pipe...

Had a discussion tonight down the pub about push fit brands and mixing I said I'm pretty sure your allowed to mix say hep2o fittings with poly plumb pipe...

The manufacturers say they won't guarantee their pipe or fittings if used with other brands. In reality I've seen all sorts mixed up together.

its fine till you get the reps turning up after something has failed not even your mismatching and then they walk off and your in the pooh with the house owner

Hep is very similar to polypipe, don't know about others but I never mix.

i don't want any claims coming my way because of a fitting I installed x months ago has popped off, just not worth the risk or hassle.

voids warranty mix n matching all though i do it all the time , anyway who said their is a warranty on my work???

See iv used them and mixed and match and never had a problem but been told you can't cos company's mate the outer diamater slightly different sizes what I said b0110x to lol

Is warranty void if used on copper ?

No, they are all compatible with copper and with compression fittings.

The Hep2O rep said that if you had to put their pipes & fittings onto an existing install of someone else's stuff, to connect to the other system with a compression fitting, then they would honour the warranty.

Nah don't believe that, that is just rep talk! I do mix occasionally, but only when desperate. Not ideal but never had an issue. Gotta be realistic... Has anyone claimed through the push fit manufacturer? I bet any money they will always challenge any claim by saying it was incorrectly installed. There 'guarantee' means diddly squat in my eyes

I had a claim from Hepworth many years ago. A fitting on the back of a shower leaked causing damage to the ceiling below. Luckily it was a stud wall and we cut in from the other side to repair. Hepworth asked us to send the fitting back and told us it was a manufacturing fault that had slipped through QC. They paid all costs of the rectification work and sent us 5 bags of fittings.

If I have to mix then I use a compression joint or a bit of copper between the two makes. As for size differences between the different manufacturers, what a load of tosh, they all fit on 15mm copper and into compression fittings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Push fit brands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock