Discuss Push fit brands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryan LPS

Had a discussion tonight down the pub about push fit brands and mixing I said I'm pretty sure your allowed to mix say hep2o fittings with poly plumb pipe...

Had a discussion tonight down the pub about push fit brands and mixing I said I'm pretty sure your allowed to mix say hep2o fittings with poly plumb pipe...

The manufacturers say they won't guarantee their pipe or fittings if used with other brands. In reality I've seen all sorts mixed up together.

its fine till you get the reps turning up after something has failed not even your mismatching and then they walk off and your in the pooh with the house owner

Hep is very similar to polypipe, don't know about others but I never mix.

i don't want any claims coming my way because of a fitting I installed x months ago has popped off, just not worth the risk or hassle.

voids warranty mix n matching all though i do it all the time , anyway who said their is a warranty on my work???

See iv used them and mixed and match and never had a problem but been told you can't cos company's mate the outer diamater slightly different sizes what I said b0110x to lol

Is warranty void if used on copper ?

No, they are all compatible with copper and with compression fittings.

The Hep2O rep said that if you had to put their pipes & fittings onto an existing install of someone else's stuff, to connect to the other system with a compression fitting, then they would honour the warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Push fit brands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock