Discuss Pulled out washing machine, this is what we found. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

We moved in to our house 4 years ago. Previous owners where there for 7 years, and bought from new.

Yesterday we had our washing machine replaced. Couldn't believe my eyes once they had got the old machine out. Take a look at the photo. Shame our washing machine didn't pack up two years ago, house would have still been under gaurantee.

IMG_20190206_101244.jpg

Shocking. What were the first owners thinking let that go and not complaining or did they have work done?

Generally the house is OK, built 2007 before I think the real corner cutting started. There are still bits that you look at and go that's poor workmanship, but not as bad as the current lot of new build we hear about.

Generally the house is OK, built 2007 before I think the real corner cutting started. There are still bits that you look at and go that's poor workmanship, but not as bad as the current lot of new build we hear about.
It would be good if you could meet the builder/developer and let them see it, just to ask face to face if they think it is acceptable and if they would allow it in their home?

Reply to Pulled out washing machine, this is what we found. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A few months ago I wanted to connect a 1000l water butt (fabricated from galv steel) to our washing machine. After trawling many forums and...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, sorry if this is a daft question but ever since we've had our hotpoint washing machine the compartment on the far left (softener...
Replies
Views
My mother has been away on holiday for a few weeks and she has a kitchen mixer tap that has a very slow drip nothing significant - been like that...
Replies
Views
Washing machine standpipe issues So I moved into an old house and the laundry area just has this standpipe sticking out of the floor. Cannot...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock