Search the forum,

Discuss public liabilty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
just had a quote off axa for my public liability

£390

1 million

£500 excess

and 2500 tool insurance

is this any good or excessive can anyone recomend a better company and also is one million enough or do people recomened more!

thanks

I use Trade Direct who are affiliated with OFTEC. 2 million is the minimum amount of cover that OFTEC require you to have. I paid £417 with tool cover,but I also have accident cover which will pay me weekly if I injure myself and can't work. Essential when you're self employed I think.

Plumbers insurance is always high compared to most other trades,it's the blowlamps that do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've found "directlineforbusiness.co.uk" tradesman cover to be competitive.
It works out cheaper to get an online quote than phone them up.

I think £2 million is the standard now. BG are looking for £2 mill minimum for sub work.

2 million cover £287 with Zurich through simply bussines.

My renewal is coming up next month, they want £450 for 2million pub liability and tool cover. This is Natwest who I've been insured with for 3 years and never had a claim.

just been to hsbc to see about pl insurance through axa they wanted over £1000 with accident cover £770 without! same company on simply business £485 without accident cover. asked about difference in price and was told that comparison sites buy in bulk and can afford to discount but £300?

Its worth checking that the policy covers you for commerical - although that bumps it up a bit (£200)

Mine is about 600 plus with 4000 tools, 2m liability - you can find even quite small commercial properties (like a care home or office), you will not be covered in . . .

Also commercial cover is required for site work as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to public liabilty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock