Discuss Promax 18 sl over heating issue. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ABGS87

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a bit of advice/confirmation of what i think the fault is.

got called to a promax 18 sl last week thats not firing up and going straight to dry fire.. the engineer before me diagnosed a PCB and i was just sent to fit it, alas this achieved nothing (not sure how he came to the conclusion it was the PCB in the first place!). checked that the system was full of water, it was. the pump is spinning away perfectly but still no joy from the boiler. i then disconnected the inline connector on the flow switch and bridged it out with an electrical screwdriver and the boiler fired up, ran for approx 20 seconds and started to crash and bang like there was no tomorrow. i then felt the pipework from the boiler and it was heating up the return. its not piped up backwards as i checked that initially and it had been in the property for around 5 years working perfectly.

basically I'm thinking its the heat exchanger thats got a blockage in it preventing any flow through the boiler causing it to back up the return pipework?

just wanted to know if anyone has experienced this on the promax's/solo he's and if you have a different diagnosis to me from the given info?

oh and as this is my first post on here and none of you know who i am my GSR is 168545 and license number is 3066104.

cheers in advance for any help!

still need to see a mod and some posts I expect for an answer, and I expect we'll be seeing that no used all over the country soon

still need to see a mod and some posts I expect for an answer, and I expect we'll be seeing that no used all over the country soon

fair, i only put the number in as it states to put it in a thread first and in the hope that someone would be able to give me a quick answer. thread was also meant be titled promax dry fire issue! thats what happens when your thinking about something else whilst typing! ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Promax 18 sl over heating issue. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock