Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss problems with wood stove CH 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rors

Sorry about all this as i'm new to it all so hopefully this will work this time
here is a diagram and my original post was
(Hi can any one help me i have a CH wood stove and the way the plummier has plumed it up is defiantly wrong be cos when you switch the pump on it circulates a round the hot cylinder coil is there any way to stop this and send it round the CH
Here is a ruff diagram.

Thanks for any help
Rory

Attachments

• sc0020509a.jpg
    sc0020509a.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 43
Bleeding heck, what a mess, and I don't mean your sketch either, did you say a plumber did this ??, where was the horse "parked", and did he jingle jangle when he walked

yep, your right it is rough,

where is the diverter valve?.

do you have your local trading standards number?.

and here's another to help 999.

make sure the sketch is accurate, and repost as necessary.
i want to print it of and hang on my wall.

seriously check it because you may have a big problem.lol

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no divert valve
is there any hope ????

Can Any one help as i can't get near the stove to put a pump on so can any one give me some advice.

i think it should be more like this.

Attachments

• wood stove the right way.jpg
    wood stove the right way.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 41
Bleeding heck, what a mess, and I don't mean your sketch either, did you say a plumber did this ??, where was the horse "parked", and did he jingle jangle when he walked

dont think it was a plumber 'plouasne',
i think he's a turkish bath installer, see where the steam comes out and goes into the bath above preventing the cylinder exploding is a good idea. lol.:D

Sorry about all this as i'm new to it all so hopefully this will work this time
here is a diagram and my original post was
(Hi can any one help me i have a CH wood stove and the way the plummier has plumed it up is defiantly wrong be cos when you switch the pump on it circulates a round the hot cylinder coil is there any way to stop this and send it round the CH
Here is a ruff diagram.

Thanks for any help
Rory
.. bump

anyone else who can understand this?.

I was asked to put in a back bolier last weekend but decided against it as ive never done one before but it got me thinking about them and i now have a number of questions.

Q1 Do you need a ticket to connect them up (HETAS) or is that just for the flues?

Q2 Some back boilers seem to have 2 holes and some 3, am i right in thinking that the 2 holed variety is:-
Lower right hole heating pipe in / upper right hole heating pipe out followed by pump at given distance?

Q3 Are there any four holed varieties out there as the pictures are only one sided and not very clear? If so how are these connected?

Q4 Redsaws diagram above is excellent but there seems to be an ommision of the header tank feed pipe, i take it that would connect bottom left?
Ive tried looking on the net but info is limited as these seem to be old systems.

Are there any good reference books out there, as these systems are quite common where i live.

Thanks in advance for any repplies!!!

just giving the option for mains fed to accomodate other thread questions that are around at the mo':D

the last parkinson cowan back boiler i last took out about a year ago i am sure had 5 pipes into it. customer didnt want fireplace moved so took it out using a 2 foot cold-chisel through a 1'' gap down the side.

Five pipes!, blimey. I wonder, could these be flow and return on primary followed by flow and return on the seperate hot water circuit? Maybe the fifth pipe was a vent connection for one side of the circuit? Thanks for the feedback Redsaw! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to problems with wood stove CH 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone help, please? I'm looking for a heating system circulation pump for a domestic install, with 3 speeds, where the speed can be toggled...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I've got a woodburning stove with a back boiler that I cant quite figure out. Last year it was heating the water but not the radiators...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first of all I'm not a plumber so forgive my ignorance. We are currently getting a boiler stove installed. This involves connecting the...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I've just joined, was going to post in the new members forum, but the first site generated email sent me here... I am here, as have a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock