Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with roomstat Honeywell T6360B? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys, just spoke to someone who said they think they might have a problem with their room stat. I replaced it a couple of months ago as the old one wasn't working at all. I had a look and it switches on and off fine. The problem they said was that if they turn it on to 25 deg (for example) the boiler will fire up and work fine and switch off when the desired temperature is reached but then doesn't come back on when the temperature drops. Any ideas? I was thinking perhaps faulty thermistor. Possibly :D

You need to be a bit more specific on what boiler and system it's fitted to. These stats as a rule are very reliable.

If it's on a "y" plan, my money's on the synchron motor on the divertor valve.

Possible neutral fault, if not a good connection the temp will have to fall several degrees before it switches 'on' again.

Is it one of the the new ones that switches the boiler off for a few minutes every 15 minutes. T.p.s its called.
p.i.a I call it ( pain in axxxx)

I checked that stat was wired ok and all looked good. The tenant said that once the heating goes off it sometimes stays off for hours and he might have to physically adjust the stat himself to get the boiler running again. I must have switched it on and off a few times tonight and it reacted perfectly every time. Not sure what else to check, curious now more than anything.

I checked that stat was wired ok and all looked good. The tenant said that once the heating goes off it sometimes stays off for hours and he might have to physically adjust the stat himself to get the boiler running again. I must have switched it on and off a few times tonight and it reacted perfectly every time. Not sure what else to check, curious now more than anything.
Programmer.

Just moving the stat wouldn't cause it to fire again though if it were the programmer?

There is no programmer, just a mechanical timer. Boiler is in bathroom, room stat is in hallway outside bathroom, living room/kitchen etc is upstairs. If any of that makes a difference.

is it a 240v stat combi.s usually 24v this is like a guessing game let us know if were cold

Probably best to leave it there for now. Hopefully i'll be back next week, the tenant didn't seem to bothered as he said he can manage as it is but was curious as nothing seemed obvious when I was there and the stat seemed to be operating ok.

I think the important word here is "tenant" they can't be trusted to give accurate feed back you know.

I think the important word here is "tenant" they can't be trusted to give accurate feed back you know.
That was the first thing that sprung to mind when I arrived and everything seemed ok but had to record what they were saying to report back to the boss.

25º! Are they running around in their boxers all day.
Probably nothing wrong with it. Mechanical stats (especially if there is no neutral fitted) are slower to react.

There is no programmer, just a mechanical timer. Boiler is in bathroom, room stat is in hallway outside bathroom, living room/kitchen etc is upstairs. If any of that makes a difference.

So how is it controlled for time?

If this was a private job, it would have been resolved. Because it's a tenant and it's free they'll keep on complaining.

Hopefully they will complain and I get to go back and investigate some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem with roomstat Honeywell T6360B? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock