Search the forum,

Discuss primatic system disconnecting/isolating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jono67

Hi, i have a primatic cylinder system which i will be replacing soon, in the mean time is it possible to disconnect the f & r from/to the boiler and leave the cold water supply to the cylinder from the header so it can be used to supply DHW only by using the electrical immersion?
This will be a temporary measure for a week or 2.
Many thanks in advance.
Jon

just means you'll have too drain right down cap off F n R at boiler and refill, if your ripping the lot out probably best to grab the bull by the horns and crack on getting it all out, as inevitably a bit of movement on pipes will cause a leak on the cyl and hassle follows.

Thanks for reply.
Yes will be rip it all out, just wanted to have use of DH from the cylinder while I crack on with the rest of the ripping out.
Also wanted to clarify that the air bubble in the primatic cylinder would be maintain after the CH system is drained? Not sure if this will be a problem as there will be no CH water as such to mix with DHW.....

yes you can do what are asking, don't worry about the bubble or heating side as you are cutting that out.
just be ready as explained earlier, the cylinder seal at the bottom is probably ready to leak as soon as you start working around the cylinder..:boat:
you will likely get a bit of churned up rusty water coming out your hot tap initially, this will calm down.
are you getting a new cylinder? why not do that as the first job?

Thanks for your help.
Getting a combi fitted, just wanted to get a bit of the ripping out work done before the gas fitter comes to install the combi. So in the mean time have the use of hot water from the cylinder.
Sounds pretty straight forward, I'll watch out for leaky seal though. Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to primatic system disconnecting/isolating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
J
I can't get a consensus on this from four plumbers that have visited. We've been using the system with no prpblems for 7 years - but the cylinder leaks and needs replacing. It's an old and peculiar set up I have onherited after buting my two storey house. I would greatly appreciate any...
Replies
Views
Hi all, sorry about the long post but a novice here looking for some advice... I've just bought a 12 bedroom private house with 3 bathrooms that we're turning into a guesthouse. The property was built in the 1970's or so and has an oil fired boiler with a standard copper cylinder. As far as I...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock