Search the forum,

Discuss primatic problems.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
done a job today changing a rad on a primatic system, wouldn't have taken it if i'd noticed before pricing it!
so drained down (after 1.5 hours!) changed rads and filled back up slooowly. The pump is a high point (no vents) in the airing cup wedged between the cylinder and wall making it unbleedable!, how it was installed i do not know. anyway i couldn't get the heating going and i havent got big enough balls to boil airlocks out, dont even know if the pump is airlocked but am assuming. so any solutions or just some ideas or help would be greatly apprieciated as im half tempted to just not go back there and turn my phone off! ps never filled a primatic system before until today.

Would not boil it as could pop the bubble in the tank, start by getting hot water to to heat then one rad at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to primatic problems.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low level of water in the cistern, I flushed a couple of times. Then I let go of the float ball and the cistern was filled. I didn't do or change...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better way to go. Just after some advice and rough costs involved, is it worth getting a pressurised system installed and a new boiler and oil pump? Heating...
Replies
Views
This sounds like an examination question but it really is a problem two different plumbers have been unable to resolve after spending several hours studying my hot water system. My flat has a vented hot water system supplying hot water to the kitchen and bathroom taps. The pump is a Stuart...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock