Search the forum,

Discuss Pricing, again. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

grow_fins

Gas Engineer
I've just had to replace the fan on a green star 24i.
How much would you have charged?
So, visit site and diagnose, off to Plumbcentre to collect and back to site to fit. 3 hours time and £185 for the fan.

Those fans are a bit of a pig to change - I usually charge 2 hours, plus the fan...

yes 2 hours plus the fan also uplift on part to cover anything else (eg travel top and from the suppliers)

Good, I thought it was just me as the last one was a nuisance as well.
And I meant to post in the private forum but I see now that I've gone adrift!

We had a customer chase the current firm I work for as we charged 3 hours labour 2 for the fan and one for the deep clean of the heat exchanger which was really bad.

Worcester insisted it was reasonable for the fan alone to change to be a 200-250£ job.

So bang on the money if u ask me

I just diagnosed and changed a fan in a Worcester greenstar 30si and charged £250, fan was £150. She's a mate of the Mrs and thought she'd get free labour - I laughed at her cheeky ***** lol

I just diagnosed and changed a fan in a Worcester greenstar 30si and charged £250, fan was £150. She's a mate of the Mrs and thought she'd get free labour - I laughed at her cheeky ***** lol

They all try that. Get a mate in and he'll do it free. Lol. Like the mate doesn't have bills to pay and a family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pricing, again. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had a new Grandfos UPS3 pump fitted today, and am trying to set it up. I want it on 2nd setting, but having problems. The green light is on setting 1 and there is a yellow light on setting 2. If I press the arrow the green light stays on 1 and I then have yellow lights on settings 2 and 3. If...
Replies
Views
V
Good morning, I thought I would try here first before going elsewhere. in short I had a septic system flexible coupling needing replacing. Backed up waste water. It was less than a meter down and took plumbers less than 1/2 to diagnose I was charged $1560 originally Spoke to plumber to contest...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have Grant oil fired boiler which when cold, takes multiple times to fire up. It will run for say 20 or 30 seconds with hot exhaust gases then it stops. The fan is still going then it starts off again and stops again. After 4 or 5 goes it runs fine. When the boiler gets up to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock