Discuss Pricing a boiler change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher buzzard

Gas Engineer
Hey. 1st post so sorry if it's been asked/answered before.
Gas safe engineer for 13 years but through my firm which I still work for. 3 months ago I applied for my own registration number so I can do minor gas works outside of my normal working hours. Now out of my probation period. The advice I'm seeking is that I've had a friend who asked to have a new boiler fitted. Change from a non condensing system to a condensing boiler system. Boiler going in the same place. Use the same flue hole. Run condensation, upgrade 15m of gas pipe to 28mm, full power flush and fit A magnaclean filter. He will buy everything so I only charge labour. That's what I'm struggling with. I haven't a clue how to charge for something like this. Do I charge hourly? Is there a rough guide as to what to charge that someone could help me with.
Any advice appreciated

day rate i would allow 3-5 days depending on what needs to be done

Hey. MI require 20 mbar working pressure. Comes out of the floor in 15 mm copper to the original boiler and disappears. 22 mm comes out of the meter which is the other side of the house. Airing on the side of caution and experienced I wanna upgrade it.

What size boiler ?

What area do you live in?

In London I would price this by the day but you need to weigh up what you need to cover your time and what you want a friend to pay, most companies I have subbed to would charge anywhere from 4-600 a day for this type of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pricing a boiler change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back