Discuss Pressure release valve on converted vented system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks

A customer pointed out a small drip from an overflow pipe coming from a pressure release valve of a heating system they have had converted from being a vented system. The issue would seem to be that the pressure release valve (3 bar is letting by).

My intention was simply to go in and replace their PRV. However it occurs to me that 3 bar seems a little low and is quite likely to blow with the least variation in the water pressure* and hence subsequently let by. Should I maybe install a slightly higher pressure PRV this time or perhaps you might have some other suggestion?

Many thanks

Michael

*They are mind you, 2/3 the way up on a hill which probably means that pressure is generally a little on the low side.

:iagree: your post shows up a great lack of knowledge michcosg. I'd advise that you go no further, explain to your customer that your knowledge is limited and would advise that they get someone else to look at the problem!!

michcosg, just wondering if you could tell us why the pressure 'relief' valve is 3 bar :)

Hi MIchel ,

I know Michel we worked together on a site about three weeks ago . Michel does not have a much experience but is a good person .
Michel as above , it will be better if a heating engineer have a look .

Stan

Last edited:
Hi MIchel ,

I know Michel we worked together on a site about three weeks ago . Michel does not have a much experience but is a good person .

Stan

Must still be lots of work going on down there if ''Michel'' is still in work

Hi MIchel ,

Stan

I think Michel got the message Stan? Hopefully we haven't put him off coming back :) We've all got to learn somehow and this place offers the avenue to learn if you can take the flack now and again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure release valve on converted vented system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock