Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure guage dropping on Potterton performa 28 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john roche

I have a Potterton performa 28 combi boiler. Since the central heating has engaged this year the pressure guage has been dropping every 24 hours to below 1 bar , zero at times. I have refilled using the top up loop (it only takes about two seconds) added fernox leak sealer to the system and bled all the rads, but pressure drops again over next 24 hours. I have noticed that when the pressure shows low there is no low pressure warning light active and hot water and heating still work. Question is, do pressure guages fail in this way? is there a way to check or should I just replace it and see
Thanks

First things to check are:
1. Any rad valves leaking on tails
2. Automatic air release valve leaking on boiler
3. Check expansion vessel is not full of water ( this would be my guess or no 4 )
4. Presure release valve not dripping out to garden ( put a bag on it for an hour or so to see if it is passing )
Cant see it being anything to do with the presure gauge, but u never no

Let us know how you get on. :yesnod:

Thanks tipintim,
I have checked all the valves and any pipes available and can detect no seepage.
On a previous refill, once the central heating came on the pressure rose above 2 bar and I could see the PR valve pipe dripping , so I have assumed that the PR valve is working ( I will however recheckj)
How do I check the expansion vessel, is it just a matter of putting a pressure guage on it ?

Sounds like you need to get a Gas Safe registered engineer to take a look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure guage dropping on Potterton performa 28 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
Hiya fellow gas engineer. Need some help on this boiler fault. Went out to this E133 Error on a Potterton Titanium 24 (GC: 47-393-39) I checked the inlet standing pressure which was at 25mb. Boiler attempts to fire and the pressure drops by 1mb but the gas valve doesn't open. Checked the black...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock