Discuss pre pay gas metre fault?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fixter1

i hope some one can help just been call out to a property when ive got there i put the card in the metre and it just comes up call help will not put any gas on is there anyway of resetting these????

either anti tamper activated or battery fault its a transco job sadly

Somones knocked it. I remeber installing a Ideal combi for a housing ascociation on a house that had the family from Itvs shameless in it.
The meter had no credit on it and was displaying a random value, I explained to them that Id have to test the gas otherwise I couldnt commision the boiler, a family conference ensued and eventually the teenage girl showed me how shed been "hotwiring" the credit meter.
Her boyfriend who worked for a large gas supplier had shown her.

i have had that before where the meter has been knocked , but have never seen how to hotwire a credit meter,

i have had that before where the meter has been knocked , but have never seen how to hotwire a credit meter,
Stupidly simple to do, but i best not share it on this forum, part of me wanted to grass on them but it wouldnt be worth it...... live and let live.

Users of the current models of pre-payment meter call your supplier if the meter states "BATTERY", "CALL HELP", "FAIL", "CARD NOT ACCEPTED", "CARD FAIL".

If the meter states £££'s for credit and "OFF" then just re-insert you're gas card - the meter isn't faulty its just not switched on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pre pay gas metre fault?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and...
Replies
Views
What is the boiler flow temperature required to flag this 2965 fault code?. This, I believe, is a blocking code that trips the burner but...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask. I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock