Discuss Powerflushing a system with a Powermax in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Zippymark

Gas Engineer
Hello, I have a job with a Potterton Powermax system that is badly clogged up with sludge/rust from several leaks/ignored problems etc.

I want to powerlush it to try and solve some of the problems, and I just want to get clear in my head how to go about this.

I guess i'll disconnect the heating flow and return, and do the actual heating system first, then do the powermax afterwards, so i guess my question is- is where the heating flow and return comes out of the Powermax unit just like a connection to a cylinder, or is there a coil involved there? So if i then connect my machine there it'll be cleaning out the 'cylinder'?

Is this the best way of going about it do you think, or is there a better approach?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to Powerflushing a system with a Powermax in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock