Discuss Potterton promax he loud noise in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Help my boiler is like a broken washing machine spinning at night. Have emptied condensate pipe under boiler nothing seems to work loud banging had to turn off at mains.

Either or all of the following:

• knackered pump
  • knackered heat exchanger(s)
  • knackered temperature sensors
  • knackered gas valve
  • knackered by-pass valve
  • knackered zone valve(s)
  • knackered boiler
  • knackered combustion fan

Time to call someone in!!

Either or all of the following:

• knackered pump
  • knackered heat exchanger(s)
  • knackered temperature sensors
  • knackered gas valve
  • knackered by-pass valve
  • knackered zone valve(s)
  • knackered boiler
  • knackered combustion fan

Time to call someone in!!
Are you gas Safe do you want to take a look for me? Thanks

Yes @Stu-B its heat only. Ok, @Dave69, so what is happening whilst it’s “spinning”? Any hot water being drawn off? Heating on? Hot water on? Nothing, just does it itself?

Sounds like the burner is cracked, I had one same recently, well it’s little brother the 15/2, was bad ignition and looked like it was trying to blast the cover off the chamber! Mine was attached to a heat store.

Reply to Potterton promax he loud noise in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Back