Discuss Potterton Promax Combi HE Plus, E133 Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chrisg10

As above, my boiler keeps producing this fault every now and then. Any one got any fixes for it?

Could be the spark gen then, they have been known to fail. If you're sure everything else is ok, I would change that. I don't think they're that expensive tbh.

If I'm getting a spark within the boiler wouldn't that mean it's ok or do they need to give a certain current to ignite.
Everything else seems to run fine but no gas for ignition.

If I'm getting a spark within the boiler wouldn't that mean it's ok or do they need to give a certain current to ignite.
Everything else seems to run fine but no gas for ignition.
Can you feel if the spark jumps?
Sorry for that. Rarely it is spark problems but rather adjustment issues. I prefer digital gauges for setting up the minimum and maximum pressure.
Do not go to low for the minimum.

Yes and no. Have you checked the simple things? Is the gas valve opening? What is the resistance on the gas valve between the coils? Has the throttle adjustment been screwed right down? You can reset it by calling technical.

Assuming that the spark is ok and fan is running am I correct that the gas valve isn't letting through to the burner.
Checked the injector is clear and chamber to the burner.
I thought the fan pulled gas from the valve and into the chamber to mix and then to burner.
Fan seems to run well so thought gas valve.

The fan opens the gas valve more as the fan speed increases, but you'll still notice a drop on the inlet pressure as it opens the solenoids. Make sure the tube connecting the gas valve breather is not split, twisted, kinked or not fitted.

Unscrew the solenoids from the valve. When sparking occurs they should grip a metal screwdriver, do the negative pressure test on the burner pressure test point, if theses both check out you can rule out the valve

Guys I went back to the job today as the gas valve had arrived.
Fitted it and away she went. When trying the old one I had a drop in pressure as if it was trying to let gas through but obviously not enough for ignition.
Once I'd set the boiler up with my analyser it worked a treat.
I know the common problem is usually ignition probes, condensate blocked etc. but just to let others know it can also be a gas valve.
Thanks for all of your input it's good to bounce a few ideas around.

Cheers
JJ

Thanks for getting back to us with the solution. Its always handy to share experiences with problem boilers.

Did you try adjusting the old gas valve? If someone had been out before you and cranked the throttle down, or even up too much, that may have caused the problem.

Did you try adjusting the old gas valve? If someone had been out before you and cranked the throttle down, or even up too much, that may have caused the problem.

Yes I tried it in various positions but it just wouldn't work.
When the new valve was fitted it fired instantly and then I just needed to set it up to the correct level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Promax Combi HE Plus, E133 Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock