Discuss Potterton Promax Combi HE Plus, E133 Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chrisg10

As above, my boiler keeps producing this fault every now and then. Any one got any fixes for it?

chris

did your boiler have the e160 fault or somehing different please?

nick
dont think the store is the same as a normal promax combi e160 on the promax/heatmax/duotec/platinum/gold combis is fan failure and it wont be intermittent like your fault it will be fully dead

Guys got this problem E133 on a job at the moment.
Originally called out a few weeks ago with this fault, changed electrodes and all seemed ok but could hear gas pulsing a bit although all settings checked out with analyser.
Just been out today but no ignition. I can see a spark although difficult to see but no ignition. Am I looking at gas valve??
Any help please.
Cheers
JJ

JJ, Can you please increase your post count to 10, then pm your GSR details to Redsaw or Gas Man who will then give you a pretty yellow badge and grant you access to the secret chamber! We don't want have a go heroes to read this then use the advice given to kill themselves, you know?

Cheers mate

This is an old thread and was not subject to GSR advice. Gas safety advice and information has been updated, and I've left it open as it may be useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so E133 can be caused by several things. If the ignition electrodes are ok/have been changed and there is a decent spark coming off them, check the inlet working pressure as anything less than 17mbar WILL give issues. The gas valve adjustment. If it's over gassed or under it'll not fire sometimes. The flue exhaust can also crack, but will cause issues like loud booming noises and not enough hot water. Condense pipe blocked also.

Ok now I'm allowed in here I'll start again.
Heatmax combi no ignition. Replaced ignition probes few weeks ago and was working until today.
Flue clear no obstructions. Condensate clear. Difficult to see inside but can see it sparking.
Gas inlet pressure 20mb but I still have no ignition.
Any help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Promax Combi HE Plus, E133 Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock