Discuss Potterton Prima Gas Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Check the resistance of the coil- remove the wires first -if it’s open circuit you can change coil I think on these .
I took a wire off the white lead which has 240v on it and jumpered it onto the black wire to see if the solenoid would open and it opens ok as you can hear it and smell the gas coming through so I think the solenoid is ok, it’s just there doesn’t seem to be 240v going to it to fire it. I’m wondering if the pcb is the problem if it’s not sending out the 240v

Cannot remember this boiler. (Brain freeze) is this thenone woth the electrical plug on the front so you can plug the gas valve into to see if it opens?
No there’s no plug but I took a wire off the white lead which has 240v on it and jumpered it onto the black wire to see if the solenoid would open and it opens ok as you can hear it and smell the gas coming through so I think the solenoid is ok, it’s just there doesn’t seem to be 240v going to it to fire it. I’m wondering if the pcb is the problem if it’s not sending out the 240v

Reply to Potterton Prima Gas Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hiya fellow gas engineer. Need some help on this boiler fault. Went out to this E133 Error on a Potterton Titanium 24 (GC: 47-393-39) I checked...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
Replacing a remote gas control valve with its manual equivalent. My daughter has a gas coal effect fire. First, I know they're crap, she'll just...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hello, This post is a continuation of my post of yesterday entitled Short cycling in Potterton Kingfisher, BUT with an important change in...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock