Discuss Potterton Prima Gas Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

bennythedip

Gas Engineer
Just been to look at Potterton Prima that’s not lightning. Boiler goes through ignition sequence but there’s no gas coming through the valve to light the pilot. There’s 240v on the white wire going to the gas valve but nothing on the black. I presume there should be 240v on the black as well. If there’s no 240v does the pcb need replacing? Thanks for any help

how many wires to the gas valve?

how many wires to the gas valve?
There’s 2 solenoids on the gas valve. The one on the left with the black wire has no voltage going to it. The one on the right with the white wire has 240v

F0710C3E-784E-4F13-A42F-25A16D1A8265.jpeg

should be a pilot light due to two solenoids

Reply to Potterton Prima Gas Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hiya fellow gas engineer. Need some help on this boiler fault. Went out to this E133 Error on a Potterton Titanium 24 (GC: 47-393-39) I checked...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
Replacing a remote gas control valve with its manual equivalent. My daughter has a gas coal effect fire. First, I know they're crap, she'll just...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hello, This post is a continuation of my post of yesterday entitled Short cycling in Potterton Kingfisher, BUT with an important change in...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock