Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton performa 24 eco HE faults in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

goz666

Gas Engineer
Went to this on Friday last week, boiler going to flame failure and no further on both CH and DHW. Fan running, No ignition, checked APS manually and boiler fired straight away.

Replaced APS and still same fault, owner told me there had been a lot of work in that part of the house (its a recently added unfinished extension) and the appliance had been inundated with dust and debris.

Still the boiler would light manually using the APS but on it's own went FF. Dismantled the flue, sec heat ex, and hoovered all out thoroughly, at that point my apprentice snapped the pipe spigot off the venturi so I bought a new one (£5 luckily) and fit the whole lot back together. Boiler fired up all great, job done.

Call today boiler going to FF again, this time on CH and DHW. With either demand it ignites, gas valve modulates ok for about a minute, then boiler knocks off, after about ten secs FF lights then after another ten secs boiler relights. No 'Reset' needed. If the demand is for DHW then when the burner goes off both the pump proving switch and the DHW switch remain ''on''. I'm suspecting something very simple but have checked thermistor, OH stat, Flue stat, all seem to test ok. Not convinced it's still a flue issue but wondering if anyone has experienced this. Flue is about 18" in length and has the flue pluming kit fitted.....Anyone any ideas ??? Thanks in advance.

Just to add, the boiler was moved from one side of the room to the other about six months ago and since the move the owner says it has gone FF now and again, before the move it was fine.

Last edited:
fans probably the culprit,especially if its a long run or plume kit fitted,it may appear to be working fine,but drops off just enough to cause this fault and the aps to drop out

The resistance on the fan is 30 ohms, could I still get a decent resistance and the fan still cause this gasman ???

Just one last thing, is it possible to test the pressure pulling through the fan to prove this. ?? If I use a manometer or my FGA and push the black pipe on when the fan starts could I get a reading to prove this. I've read before about proving APS's but never done it.

Just one last thing, is it possible to test the pressure pulling through the fan to prove this. ?? If I use a manometer or my FGA and push the black pipe on when the fan starts could I get a reading to prove this. I've read before about proving APS's but never done it.

not personally done that,would need to speak to baxi to confirm fan speeds

fans probably the culprit,especially if its a long run or plume kit fitted,it may appear to be working fine,but drops off just enough to cause this fault and the aps to drop out

Had similar problem on same boiler and it was the fan, as gasman said it seams to be working ok but will be tiring especially on long flues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton performa 24 eco HE faults in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

What is the boiler flow temperature required to flag this 2965 fault code?. This, I believe, is a blocking code that trips the burner but when/if it resets. the burner will refire without any boiler reset? If this fault code is up while in CH mode and there is a demand for HW, will the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for someone who can please help solve this problem and fix our boiler. Staffs area. CH seems fine. Boiler can be coaxed into full burn with the fan spinning at full speed, so I think everythings fine on the gas/air/flue/condensate side of things. If there is DHW demand on the...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much easier to use!) This one keeps turning itself off. The hot water seems to work and is always warm. The heating also works but for random amounts of time...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, Hopefully someone can throw some light on if this is a real issue or not. I have had this boiler for about 10 years, I noticed just recently that when the CH has been turned off that a couple of the rads closest to the boiler were slightly warm. When the boiler had demand to heat the DHW I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock