Discuss potterton kingfisher cfl50 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paul rookhope

hi
i have the above installed in my property. it has developed a leak from the back of the boiler. my plumber has advised me it is unlikely to be repaired as it is the heat exchanger . the same boiler can not be resourced. another boiler will not be able to be placed in the same position - the present boiler is floor mounted in the kitchen. i would like some further opinions if possible particularly on the availability of a similar boiler and the repositioning of it.

thanks
paul

im not sure if anyone still makes a floor standing boiler now but even if they do, if its ground floor it will be difficult to get a condense out using a without using a pump
you may also have gravity hot water which cant be used now
so its probably time for a revamp of your system you need to get some prices from local gas safe companies and take their advice on which system is best for you if its a house with only one bathroom a combi boiler may be best
if you add your location someone from here may be able to pop round for a look best done in the relevant se\ction

Potterton still make the [DLMURL="http://www.potterton.co.uk/61.htm"]Promax FSB[/DLMURL], (FSB = floor standing boiler) but its a world away from the old Kingfisher conventional flue boiler mentioned in the OP, and as Steve says, there may be problems with fluing, condensate and system design.

Last edited by a moderator:
as said before potterton do the promax fsb [DLMURL="http://www.potterton.co.uk/99.htm"]Potterton Promax FSB 30 HE[/DLMURL]
also worcester do this one Worcester Greenstar FS 30CDI

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to potterton kingfisher cfl50 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
Hi there! I moved house a few months ago, and our boiler has packed it in (great timing eh?) It's an old thing (potterton kingfisher MF),but was...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock